GoDaddy is the world’s largest cloud platform dedicated to small business. Our mission is to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures.
How to Get Hired
We asked GoDaddy for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We welcome candidates who share our values, have a great attitude, and are curious to grow with us. We’re sticklers for hiring candidates who have the skills outlined in the job description. We’re not looking for a specific personality, and we don’t hire for cultural fit, as it often means “just like me.” We don’t want a bunch of carbon copies. We hire for values, which include owning outcomes, joining forces and working fearlessly.
We want people who bring us rich life experiences and community ties, as well as work history. We want to continuously tap into a diverse pool of people who are willing to take risks, learn from their failures, and build on their successes as part of a team. Our customers are entrepreneurs, and we’re looking for employees who share the same spirit to create great products that wow them.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We’re encouraging candidates to do three basic things:
- Tailor your resume. Map your experience to a specific GoDaddy job using tangible examples. Explain what you’ve built with Java, or brag about your customer care hurdles and wins.
- Come in connected. A referral gets our attention. Do you know someone here? Can you have a LinkedIn connection refer you to us? Or, just reach out to the recruiter who posted the req directly.
- Do your homework. Follow us on social and get to know us. Be prepared for interviews by knowing us and our history inside and out. We’re a whole lot more than a domain registrar. Genuine curiosity for what we’re creating always wins us over.
If someone lacks a qualification or two but is clearly excited to work at GoDaddy, we’ll often hire them because that passion will translate into passion for our customers.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Customer Care (C3), Engineering and Finance top the list:
- Our C3 consultants are invaluable to our business. We evaluate about 16,000 applicants annually and hire 1,200 to 1,800 C3 team members each year. Our teams deliver phenomenal 24/7 support to help our customers build their online presence and their businesses. Plus, a C3 job is a great launch pad to grow into other areas of our business.
- We’re seeking experienced engineers who keep pace with the industry and are adept at embracing what’s new. No one works in isolation, so we look for people who can be part of teams working fearlessly to power the dreams of our 17 million customers.
- We’re experiencing an uptick in accounting, finance, tax and audit roles, due to our phenomenal growth. We’re looking for experts in their field that can keep the inner-workings of our billion-dollar company humming, or reach out to new markets.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
If you’re a GoDaddy fan, we want to get to know you! Browse our career site and search open positions at https://www.godaddy.com/careers/overview. You can connect our job postings to your LinkedIn profile, and you’ll get an instant readout on how well you match the job description. That’s a great way to find a job that most closely matches your skills.
Your resume won’t fall down a black hole if you apply online. We strive to follow up with every candidate within five days. Don’t forget to tailor your resume and highlight why you’re a great fit for the job with a cover letter. Check out our jobs on Glassdoor, too. We have loads of fun at GoDaddy, so definitely follow what we’re up to on our #GoDaddyLife social media communities including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn. Get to know our employees by going to the #GoDaddyBrave Medium publication: https://medium.com/godaddy-brave