What Employees Say
This is a physically safe place to work.
We have special and unique benefits here.
I can be myself around here.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
What They Do
We asked GLOVIS America, Inc to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Glovis America is a third party logistic provider committed to delivering our customers products via truck, rail or ocean vessel throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. In addition, we pride ourselves on being a value chain partner that continues to expand our business in the global market.
About this Company
| Website: http://america.glovis.net/English/|| US Headquarters: Irvine, California|
| US Sites: 11|| Major Locations: Irvine, California; West Point, Georgia; Montgomery, Alabama; Atlanta, Georgia; Mobile, Alabama and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
| US Employees: 112|| US revenues: $1005.45 million|
| Worldwide revenues: $1158.61 million|| Founded: 2002|
| Industry: Transportation|
Perks and Programs
We asked GLOVIS America, Inc to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Company Clubs: Glovis America supports team building and inclusion activities by sponsoring the softball, cardio and hiking clubs. Club captains and co-captains are given the authority to coordinate activities outside of work hours for their enjoyment.
- Fitness Program: Glovis America understands the employee commitment to staying healthy and fit. As a result, headquarters offers the convenience of a gym, showers, and fitness trainers to host fitness classes 5 days a week for employees and their dependents. In addition, all employees qualify for gym reimbursement.
- Sporting Event Tickets: Glovis America recently fulfilled a team building activity for some of their offsite employees. Local sporting event tickets were purchased so employees could cheer on their favorite team with co-workers and family members.
- Insurance: Glovis America continues to take on 100% of all health care costs for employees, spouses and dependents. This is a rare benefit we intend to keep as long as we can!
- Auto Allowance: Glovis America's oldest perk is being able to provide employees with an additional monthly allowance for owning a Hyundai or Kia.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 30 hours Weekly hours at which part-timers receive health care coverage|| $9000 College Tuition Reimbursement|
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free beverages during the day
- Discount ticket sales
- Free lunch on a regular, daily basis
- Fitness classes
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 23 days Holidays & vacation days after one year of employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (6% use it)
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments, such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic
- Vision care
- Mental health care
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Fitness center
- Medicare facility
- Subsidized offsite gym memberships
How to Get Hired
We asked GLOVIS America, Inc for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Flexible, adaptable to change, readiness to learn new techniques, open-minded
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Contact us through our website or LinkedIn.
Are there any unusual or especially rigorous steps of your hiring process that candidates should be aware of?
No, we try to expedite them as fast as we can.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Contact us on our home page, under career.
| 8% Total voluntary turnover of full-time employees in the past year|| 12 Openings in past year|
| 14% New hires by employee referrals|