What Employees Say
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People celebrate special events around here.
When people change jobs or work units, they are made to feel right at home.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
What They Do
We asked GlobalSCAPE, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a leading enterprise solution provider of secure information exchange software and services to thousands of customers, including global enterprises, governments, and small businesses. We ensure the reliability of mission-critical operations by securing sensitive data and intellectual property.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.globalscape.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: San Antonio, Texas|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 114|| US Revenues: $30.8 million|
| Corporate Structure: Public|| Stock Symbol: GSB|
| Founded: 1996|
Perks and Programs
We asked GlobalSCAPE, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Golden Globe Award: The Golden Globe Award is the highest level of recognition to receive at GlobalSCAPE. This award recognizes employees and teams that are exceptional contributors and leaders of our organization. Receiving this award allows GlobalSCAPE to recognize the individual or team members who are taking their duties and responsibilities to the next level and "moving the needle". Winning Individuals/Teams are rewarded with Amex rewards which many of our employees have used for all paid vacations. 50,000 reward points for first place and 20,000 reward points for second.
- Channel Sales Awards: Every quarter channel sales management at GlobalSCAPE give two awards to employees of the Channel Sales Team for outstanding performance: Channel Sales Employee of the Quarter & Friend of Channel Sales for the Quarter.
- Spot Awards: GlobalSCAPE presents these awards to promote productivity and to provide an immediate and visible recognition of employee contributions that have exceeded expectations by exceptional performance. Spot Awards are presented "on the spot" as a gift card or one-time cash bonus.
- Sale Awards: Every quarter sales management at GlobalSCAPE give two awards to employees of the Sales Team for outstanding performance: • Sales Employee of the Quarter • Friend of Sales for the Quarter
- Robinson Excellence in Leadership Awards: This annual award goes to the overall best employee in leadership. The award was implemented in honor of our past CEO - Craig Robinson well known for his leadership skills.
- Elite Team: Employees receiving high performance assessment ratings are eligible for this program. We provide leadership training and monthly lunches with their leadership so they can "get to know their leadership". Additionally, we work them into our succession plan where needed. This allows us to grow the next generation of leaders for our organization.
- IDP: Individual Development Program (IDP) is a career development program for our employees. Annually, we have a career development fair where employees can sign up to participate in the plan and meet with various technical schools, universities, toastmasters, leadership coaches, etc. Then they are assigned to a career coach of their choice. They meet bi-annual to work on next steps in achieving their overall career goals. Currently about 65% of our employees participate in the program.
- Training: 1,500 dollars per employee is provided for training annually. This can be for technical certifications or leadership training.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $47,058 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Server Support Analyst|| $96,953 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Software Engineer|
| 4% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 2% of an employee's salary||100% Company-paid health coverage for employees (100)|
| 85% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
| $3,000 College Tuition Reimbursement|
- Stock options to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- Free lunch on a regular, daily basis
- Free breakfast foods on a regular, daily basis
- Discount ticket sales
- Free beverages during the day
- Subsidized lunch on a regular, daily basis
- On-site package/mailing service
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 28 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 28 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 12 weeks Unpaid sabbatical after 1 year(s)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (70% use it)
- Phased retirement planning (5% use it)
- Telecommute option (30% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|90 days Job-protected maternity leave||90 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|90 days Job-protected paternity leave||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|90 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Lactation room(s)
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- Dental care
- Mental health care
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Subsidized offsite gym memberships
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $5,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $3,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- 'VP of HR' is accountable to formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked GlobalSCAPE, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for candidates who are highly experienced and passionate about their careers. It is imperative they are creative and pro-active thinkers who can come into the organization and make a difference. Some key characteristics we look for include: excellent communication skills, self-confidence, independent with the ability to collaborate with a team, self-starter, friendly, professional and high integrity.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We look for applicants who have taken the initiative to learn about Globalscape and the products and services we offer and convey to us how they can contribute to the continued success of the organization. It shows a genuine interest in wanting to work for us and sets them apart from those that are just looking for the next job.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We continue to look for outstanding IT software developers for our Engineering Department. We have also focused on building our Sales and Marketing departments this year.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
All interested candidates should go to our corporate website at www.globalscape.com and look under our available career opportunities and apply for any jobs of interest. I would also encourage them to take some time to do a little research on our company, so they can become knowledgeable about our organization.
| 25 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 3% Job Growth|
| 118 Average applicants per opening|| 5,663 Applications received|
| 41 Positions filled in past year|| 63% New hires by employee referrals|
| 6 New positions created|| 35 Jobs filled by current employees|
| Yes Recruits on college campuses|| 5 New graduates hired|
| 11% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|