What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
We have special and unique benefits here.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked GL group to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
GL group is striving to be the best place to work in America! Our mission is to find creative solutions that bring learning and imagination to the world.
About this Company
| Website: www.goodluckgroup.com|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: St. Louis, Missouri, 63110|| US Sites: 5|
| Major Locations: Berkeley, California|| US Employees: 227|
| US Revenues: $93.6 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $93.6 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1974|
Perks and Programs
We asked GL group to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Child Care Program / Bring your Baby to Work Policy: As a new parent (mom or dad) who has satisfied 90 days employment as a full-time permanent worker, you can bring your child to the office with you during your scheduled work hours until the child reaches six months of age. If you choose not to bring your child to work, or your position does not allow it, you will be reimbursed for up to $50 per week in daycare expenses.
- Tuition Advancement: Full-time employees with 1 or more years of service are eligible for tuition payment. This $2500 payment covers a portion of the cost towards continuing education courses.
- Marcia Jaffe Scholarship: This program is in memory of Mrs. Marcia Jaffe, who was devoted to her profession and family. The scholarship is a reflection of her commitment to ongoing individual growth and development in an effort to be the best you can be. Recipients are awarded 90% of tuition and books for their degrees.
- Good Luck University: At GL group, we are passionate about learning and education. We believe that learning never stops, and we believe in learning that positively affects the bottom line. Our internal training and development program, Good Luck University, helps drive personal and professional development.
- Sandy Vacation: Everyone needs a break once in a while. GL group offers paid vacation and holidays to help employees get away from it all. 10% of employees are awarded a “Sandy Vacation” package every year that includes an all-expense paid trip! We are passionate about employees disconnecting and enjoying life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LVPmhucoU4
- Community Outreach: GL group Outreach focuses on giving back to our community. We look for local organizations with an education- or child-centered focus. We donate items such as food, clothes, toys, school supplies to groups in Saint Louis City and County. Some of the organizations we’ve donated to include STL Food Bank, Project Ark, and The Little Bit Foundation. We also like to volunteer our time and/or skills to local organizations both during and after work hours. Some of the organizations we’ve volunteered for include the Ready Readers, Botanical Gardens, Sunshine Ministries, and St. Patrick Center.
- Mentor Program: The GL group Mentorship Program is an opportunity for experienced employees to advise, train, and counsel new employees during their first year of service with company. Becoming a mentor is a privilege. You are not just making an impact on the new employee, but also on the company. Mentorship is a great way to reconnect with the Core Values of the company and build relationships while also learning something new from your fellow colleagues.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $26,156 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Warehouse/ Production|| $47,449 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Sales / Support / Development|
|80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| $3,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|| $3,500 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 20 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 10 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 20 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 1 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||20 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|45 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|20 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||22 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||20 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- HR Manager - Recruiting is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 3 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
| 20 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 22% Job Growth|
| 81 Average applicants per opening|| 2,342 Total job applicants|
| 19% New hires by employee referrals|| 28% Openings filled by current employees|
| 1 Recent graduates hired|| 8% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|