What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am offered training or development to further myself professionally.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
What They Do
We asked Gilbane Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Gilbane is a full-service construction and real estate development company offering innovative facility solutions including site selection, financing, programming and construction, and relocation management.
About this Company
| Website: www.gilbaneco.com|| US Headquarters: Providence, Rhode Island|
| US Sites: 300|| Major Locations: New York, New York; Houston, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Walnut Creek, California; Laurel, Maryland|
| US Employees: 2509|| US revenues: $3400 million|
| Worldwide revenues: $3800 million|| Employees worldwide: 2609|
| Founded: 1873|| Industry: Construction & Real Estate|
Perks and Programs
We asked Gilbane Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- 401(k: Gilbane treats all its employees like family offering a 9% annual 401(k) contribution which is outstanding in the construction industry.
- Building more buildings: Gilbane offers our people the chance to build, schools, hospitals, labs and more that make their hometowsn a better place to live. Driving by with family and friends and saying "I built that" is the best reward their career will ever offer.
- Free Fruit: In many of our offices the leaders pay for regular fruit delivery to keep employees eating healthy and happy.
- 4 Weeks Paid Leave : Gilbane provides 4 weeks paid leave for new parents (both births and adoptions) as well employees serving as caregivers for ill loved ones. The company also provides a total of up to 20 weeks off for new mothers.
- LEANBOX : In a growing number of locations, Gilbane is partnering with LEANBOX to provide fresh food.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $58,700 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Project Engineer one|| $117,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Project Manager II|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 20 hours Weekly hours at which part-timers receive health care coverage|| $5250 College Tuition Reimbursement|
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- Free breakfast foods on a regular, daily basis
- Personal travel service
- Free beverages during the day
- Weight watchers meetings
- Subsidized public transportation
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 24 days Holidays & vacation days after one year of employment|| $5,000 Adoption benefit|
| 65 days Job protected maternity leave|| 20 days Paid leave for adoptive parents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (10% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (8% use it)
- Elder care resources
- Telecommute option (10% use it)
- Lactation room(s)
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments, such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Skin cancer screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Subsidized offsite gym memberships
How to Get Hired
We asked Gilbane Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Gilbane's core values guide the actions of all our employees. Individuals who thrive on teamwork, integrity, toughmindness, dedication to Excellence, loyalty and discipline will do well as members of the Gilbane family.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Highlight their experience in the A/E/C industry.
Are there any unusual or especially rigorous steps of your hiring process that candidates should be aware of?
No Gilbane won't put you through a difficult hiring process, but we are innovative and use Hire*View and other modern tools that help us connect with candidates.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website at www.gilbaneco.com and our Facebook page to learn more about us.
| 1% Job Growth|| 38 Average applicants per opening|
| 11% Total voluntary turnover of full-time employees in the past year|| 12025 Applicants in past year|
| 313 Openings in past year|| 12% New hires by employee referrals|