What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People care about each other here.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
What They Do
We asked Forward to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We're on a mission to redesign the healthcare system by combining the best aspects of physicians—judgment, empathy, and experience—with the best aspects of technology—scalability, cost and convenience—to bring higher quality, lower cost care to as many people as possible.
About this Company
| Website: www.goforward.com|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: San Francisco, California, 94104|| US Sites: 7|
| Major Locations: Los Angeles, California, 90067; Glendale, California, 91210; San Francisco, California, 94104; Newport Beach, California, 92660; New York City, New York, 10001; New York City, New York, 10022|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2016|
Perks and Programs
We asked Forward to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Sponsored Membership: We started Forward for one reason, and one reason only: to get healthcare to those who need it most. While we progress toward that goal, our sponsored membership provides free Forward memberships to low-income individuals who couldn't otherwise afford access to healthcare, and gives us an even greater connection to our mission.
- For // Women: Our For // Women program is offered for female employees and focuses on teaching vital skills to elevate women within the workplace, while taking time to discuss the specific roadblocks women often face as they advance in their careers. This program is meant to strengthen our community of women and the individuals within, helping them form meaningful relationships and build their network.
- Lunch & Learns: On a bi-weekly basis, we grab lunch and gather around to hear our teammates share their unique knowledge, skills, and insights. Past talks have included career path Q&As with leaders, ultrasound demonstrations with Forward MDs, and productivity hacks from CEO Adrian Aoun. Have something you'd like to learn about? We're all ears!
- Leadership Training: When you move as fast as we do, it's important to ensure you pause to remember the basics. For leaders at Forward, this includes taking time to grow foundational skills such as coaching & career development, giving effective feedback, fostering a diverse and inclusive team, meeting management, etc. This program aims to give our leaders the tools they need to build great teams, and the opportunity to gain feedback and advice in a supportive environment.
- Engineer Brown Bag Lunches: Brown bag lunches are opportunities for the engineering team to learn together in a relaxed environment. We focus on interesting problems we’re facing at Forward, and relevant advances in research and industry. Past lunches have talked about challenges in computer graphics (how can we model a human body?), security (how do we secure information without making it inaccessible?) and user research (how do we build with empathy for our members?) to name a few. These events help us refresh our broad view of the engineering world and the impact it can have on healthcare.
- Fireside Chats: During Forward Fireside Chats, industry leaders and influencers sit down with CEO Adrian Aoun to share personal insights and advice, and answer burning questions from our employees. Past examples of guests have included Robert Wachter, Jessica Verrilli, Vinod Khosla, and Alan Eustace.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Vacation Paid time off|| Unlimited Sick Paid time off|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Medical facilities (at all locations)
- Onsite Amenities (Snack bar, fully-stocked fridge, catered meals 2x week, lunch & learns, fireside chats with industry leaders, happy hours)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|65 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||65 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|65 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||30 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|30 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||30 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
|30 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- Head of Talent oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Forward for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
At Forward, we look for individuals who are driven by a desire to improve the lives of others; who demonstrate a hunger to learn and share knowledge; who act for their customers and teams before themselves; who love a fast-paced challenge, and seek out diversity in thought and opinion on the way to the finish line; and who are excited to develop a product that will impact the lives of strangers, friends, family, and themselves.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Show how your actions & past work has gone toward the betterment of others. Show that you are stimulated by challenge. And don't give up when facing adversity.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Software engineers, doctors, operations, product managers & product designers.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Are you interested in being part of a dynamic team that's changing the future of healthcare? Browse open jobs at Forward and apply directly at gofwd.co/jobs.