What Employees Say
I can be myself around here.
I feel I make a difference here.
We have special and unique benefits here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
What They Do
We asked Flow Traders to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Flow Traders is a publicly listed principal trading firm specializing in providing liquidity in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs) around the globe. The Company was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Amsterdam with satellite offices located in New York, Singapore, and Cluj.
About this Company
| Website: www.flowtraders.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: New York, New York, 10036|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: New York, New York, 10036|| US Employees: 55|
| US Revenues: $100.9 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $375.9 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 360|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Stock Symbol: FLOW|| Founded: 2009|
Perks and Programs
We asked Flow Traders to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Global bonus pool: Flow Traders puts a strong emphasis on team work and collaboration globally. At the end of each year, all employees are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus from our shared global bonus pool which is roughly 40% of gross profits.
- Extensive training program: We provide a rigorous, six month training program for all entry-level Traders at our Amsterdam headquarters. Incoming traders will receive lectures and hands-on training in a small group setting to learn our philosophy of trading and the ins and outs of our proprietary software.
- Work-life Balance: Our mentality is work smart, not long. We understand the value of a balanced lifestyle and encourage our employees to get out of the office when their done with their work, or kick back and enjoy a game of FIFA or foosball in the lounge. Salaried employees are granted 20 vacation days plus 9 paid holidays, unlimited sick leave, and special leave time for moving, studying, or other personal life events that shouldn't chip away at your real vacation time.
- Annual Company Trip: The ultimate company event is our annual trip where all employees are invited to attend a three day, all-inclusive retreat. In the past we have gone bobsledding in Park City, jet packing in Barbados, yachting in Ibiza, and even a private swim in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. The main objectives of the trip is to show our true appreciation for our employees and provide an exhilarating event filled with team building and new experiences.
- Casual Dress Code: At Flow Traders you can express yourself openly with a relaxed dress code and the freedom to wear what you want to perform at your best.
- Wellness Program: Good health is critical for our employees' mind, body and soul. Flow Traders offers weekly onsite massages and haircuts, Equinox gym memberships and provides healthy snack and lunch options on a daily basis. There is also a one-month Wellness Challenge each year which awards prizes to the top contestants that make the most healthy lifestyle decisions.
- Global Mobility: We offer the opportunity for employees to transfer between our trading offices in New York, Amsterdam and Singapore to promote one of our core values of retaining top talent and promoting from within. To foster collaboration between global teams, many employees also travel to the Amsterdam headquarters for cross training and relationship building.
- Quarterly events: We like to have fun in AND out of the office. We host quarterly group events and encourage everyone to attend if they can. In the past we have attended various NY sporting events, Formula 3 racing, Escape the Room and had some pretty competitive bowl-offs and karaoke nights.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 29 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||5 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $12,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
| Yes Recycling program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 1 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Flow Traders for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We are looking for motivated self-starters who enjoy working in an innovative and challenging environment where ownership, drive, and teamwork are the core competencies.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Candidates who have a positive attitude, a solid understanding of our business and a passion for their craft stand out the most to Flow Traders.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are constantly looking for the best talent to support our trading business. You can view our current job vacancies at http://www.flowtraders.com/careers and apply online!
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
To find our more about opportunities at Flow Traders, visit our website to learn more about the culture, business and available vacancies.
| 20 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 38% Job Growth|
| 190 Average applicants per opening|| 5,320 Total job applicants|
| 2% New hires by employee referrals|| 3% Openings filled by current employees|
| 12 Recent graduates hired|| 8% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|