What Employees Say
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I want to work here for a long time.
What They Do
We asked FedEx Corporation to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
FedEx Corp. provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. The company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand.
About this Company
| Website: www.fedex.com|| Industry: Transportation|
| US Headquarters: Memphis, Tennessee|| US Sites: 4712|
| Major Locations: Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas; Indianapolis, Indiana|| US Employees: 268,784|
| US Revenues: $50,365 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $50,365 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 335,435|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Stock Symbol: FDX|| Founded: 1971|
Perks and Programs
We asked FedEx Corporation to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Disclaimer: This review consists of complied information from multiple FedEx companies and not all information is true for every company.
- Delivering results: FedEx is dedicated to transforming lives and economies around the world and in the communities where we live and operate. Our community investment strategy is built on collaborating with trusted NGOs and nonprofit organizations to make meaningful and lasting impacts that align with our corporate priorities. FedEx is committed to investing $200 million in more than 200 communities by 2020. We invest in programs that foster entrepreneurship, create employment pathways for under served populations, enhance sustainable transportation solutions, make our roads safer and provide resources to communities that need them most. Homegrown volunteers supplement and enrich these community investments. Last year, almost 16,000 FedEx team members took part in FedEx Cares, our annual kick-off for our United Way campaign.
- Sutaining people and places: Sustainability at FedEx goes beyond our operations and supply chain. It’s also behind our connections with communities around the world. We engage our team members and nonprofit collaborators locally and globally to build more sustainable, resilient communities. Our EarthSmart®program encourages and recognizes innovation by FedEx team members and customers to improve our environmental performance. Through EarthSmart Outreach, we encourage team members across the United States to lend their time and talents to local environmental volunteer projects. Our volunteers work with community nonprofits on projects that restore natural habitats, including planting trees and restoring landscapes. FedEx is committed to connecting the world responsibly and resourcefully. Mindful of our footprint, we deliver industry-leading innovation to reduce our environmental impact.
- Delivering for good: We are proud to use our unparalleled logistics expertise and global reach as a force for good. Ensuring that communities stay connected can be difficult when disasters strike or when nonprofit organizations lack the resources to fulfill their missions. From delivering life-sustaining supplies to providing in-kind shipping for nonprofit agencies, we connect resources to communities in need around the world. When disasters strike, FedEx responds. Team members, including drivers, pilots and operations teams, work around the clock to help deliver supplies, food, medicine and other services to stricken communities. Our networks are often able to quickly reach cut-off communities and local economies while infrastructure recovers. Our operations specialists have the expertise to direct supplies to locations where they are needed most.
- Her name will travel throughout the Midwest: The 13-year old daughter of one of our FedEx team members was diagnosed with melanoma at the age of six. FedEx Express joined St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in dedicating a FedEx airplane in honor of Alyssa at the fifth annual Purple Eagle ceremony. The Purple Eagle program celebrates a St. Jude patient who is the son or daughter of a FedEx team member and sheds light on the important work being done by St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Enterprise-wide support for diversity and inclusion: FedEx has a longstanding commitment to diversity, both in the workplace and in the global communities we serve. FedEx continues to be a leader in diversity recruiting and hiring. Among the many groups it supports are Women in Aviation and the Organization of Black Airline Professionals. In addition, the company is constantly searching out ways to expand its support of diversity efforts for current employees. Other initiatives include: • An Enterprise Diversity Council made up of representatives from each FedEx company which meets several times a year to discuss strategy and oversee diversity efforts • Diversity Awareness training offered for all employees and required for management • Formal networking and affinity groups
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 3.5% of an employee's salary||90% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 83% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 89% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
- Stock options to employees
- Restricted stock units to employees
- Pre-tax savings account
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Health insurance for retirees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Discount ticket sales
- Dry cleaning
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 20 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 12 weeks Paid sabbatical after 5 year(s)|| 4 weeks Unpaid sabbatical|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|29 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||$5,000 Adoption benefit|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Breast cancer screening
- Skin cancer screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
- Prostate cancer screening
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Fitness center (at some locations)
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $53,000,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- The head of HR in each OpCo (CVP HR, SVP, HR, etc.) is accountable to formal diversity goals for employee recruitment and retention
- Formal programs support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees
- 68 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
| 5% Job Growth|| 7 Average applicants per opening|
| 1,234,121 Applications received|| 158,193 Positions filled in past year|
| 14,200 New positions created|| Yes Recruits on college campuses|
| 7% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 84% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|