What Employees Say
When you join the company, you are made to feel welcome.
I feel I make a difference here.
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
People celebrate special events around here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
What They Do
We asked Eskaton Village at Carmichael to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
In 1992 Eskaton Village Carmichael opened. The campus included 203 apartments and 82 cottages for congregate housing, a 38-unit assisted living apartment building, fitness center, community center and extensive common areas. Eskaton Village at Carmichael was the Sacramento's first continuing care retirement community.
About this Company
Perks and Programs
We asked Eskaton Village at Carmichael to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Discounted Meals: Meals are offered to employees at a discounted rate
- Flu Shots: Free Annual Flu Shots offered to employees
- Employee Emergency Assistance Fund: Employees can apply for this assistance fund and be granted up to $250 once annually
- Resident Employee Appreciation Fund: Residents contribute to the fund and it is allocated to active employees during the holidays
- Employee Recognition Event: We haven an annual employee recognition event - think of a red carpet awards show. It is a semi-formal event catered by Eskaton Village - Carmichael and employees can bring a guest
- Employee Wellness Program: *Discounted rates available for select gyms in the area
*Discounted rates to participate in runs (5K's/Marathons)
*A variety of monthly wellness challenges with incentives
- Employee Assistance Fund: Employees have access to an employee assistance fund through Eskaton Foundation
- Employee Assistance Program: Employees have access to EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- "All Team" Meetings: Each month we have "All Team" meetings to share information and present our multiple Team Member of the Month Awards
- Other Accolades: Eskaton Village at Carmichael has been awarded in many ways: * Best of Sacramento * Best of Carmichael * Five Star Rating from CMS * Caring Star Awards for Independent Living and Assisted Living * Best Nursing Home in America Award from US News and World Reports
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|82% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for working 20+ Hours/week)|| 70% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for working 20+ Hours/week)|
| 82% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 20 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Set days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
How to Get Hired
We asked Eskaton Village at Carmichael for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Employees that are critical to success and have a priority of serving residents.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We will have exciting opportunities for licensed nurses, CNA's and Dining Services team members.