What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
This is a fun place to work.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
What They Do
We asked Equashield, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a developer and distributor of innovative safety products used by Pharmacists, Nurses, Veterinarians and Doctors for preparation and administration of hazardous chemotherapy drugs. Our products are used in over 1000 facilities globally.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.equashield.com|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: Port Washington, New York, 11050|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 50|| Employees Worldwide: 350|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2009|
Perks and Programs
We asked Equashield, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Giving Back To The Community: We encourage all of our employees to get involved within the community. This may be in the form of personal time contribution to a cause of employees' choice or as a company sponsored initiative.
- Annual Company Outing: Every year, we fly every single employee from all over the US to a fun destination for a week long educational and team building event. These annual company meetings have become an avenue to build relationships and camaraderie across all employees and business functions and also allowing us to celebrate our achievements for the prior year.
- Exceptional Benefit: We offer great benefits to our employees to help offset the increase in cost of healthcare in general. We offer an option of both Cadillac plans and High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP) with up to 95% company contribution. Additionally we offer a generous Dental and Vision plan for employees and family. We also offer a great 401(k) match and encourage all employees to plan for the future.
- Annual Company Bonus: When the company does well, so do all the employees! As a company tradition, every employee is eligible for a bonus at the end of the year. This small token of appreciation is a recognition for hard work put in by all of our employees, each and every day.
- Routine Company Celebrations: We love to celebrate small things at Equashield. A celebration could for a specific reason (birthdays or life changing events) or for no reason at all (happy hours, laser tag or a night out). Our team looks for all reasons to cheer.
- Employee Meal Program: We offer free lunch to employees in our office, daily. We encourage eating as a group to build deeper and more personal relationships. There are always free healthy snacks and beverages available in our office for all employees.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 80% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary||95% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Applies to Full Time Employees.)|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for Applies to Full Time Employees)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 26 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 26 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (2% use it)
- Telecommute option (64% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Employees receive company paid lunches and stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|40 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||40 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|40 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||40 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
Community and Environmental Impact
| $24,176 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 4 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Equashield, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Be humble, adaptable to changes, be curious and hard working, have integrity, passion, high EQ and able to work in a team.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We like to hear about how you took customer centric approach to problem solving in your work and your passion outside of work. We accept positions through our website.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are looking to increase our Outside Sales team, Account Managers, Clinical Educators (Pharmacy Technicians and Register Nurses) and Biomedical Technicians.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website's career page or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
| 8 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 39% Job Growth|
| 10 Average applicants per opening|| 157 Total job applicants|
| 29% New hires by employee referrals|| 4 Recent graduates hired|
| 7% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|