What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked enso collaborative to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a creative agency that builds mission-driven brands and Shared
Mission initiatives with fearless creativity to create positive impact at
Working with clients like Google and Khan Academy while addressing the big
issues of our time like climate change and education reform.
About this Company
| Website: enso.co|| Industry: Advertising & Marketing|
| US Headquarters: Santa Monica, California, 90404|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 38|| US Revenues: $7.1 million|
| Worldwide Revenues: $7.1 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2012|
Perks and Programs
We asked enso collaborative to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Annual Team Retreat: Every year we design a really thoughtful, creative retreat to bring
folks closer together. Implementing our core enso values into a unique
experience over 2 days. We've shot a short film together about Joseph
Campbell's Hero's Journey, we've taken a series of portraits out in Joshua
Tree based on Humans of New York, and last year we all made masks
representing our deepest fears and shared them as we cast them into the
fire. The retreats have become a really special moving part of building
- Annual Mammoth Ski Trip: Every year we invite all enso staff and a plus one to a weekend ski trip, and cover costs of all food and accommodations. Its become a really fun annual tradition.
- Cake Smash Wall: As a way of celebrating wins, we started taking big headlines from our successful campaigns and getting them written in frosting on a cake. We take a piece of the cake and smash it in the face of a person who worked most closely on the project. Our lunch area is dedicated to framed cake smash photos. This is a fun way of celebrating wins.
- Personal Stories: As a way of introducing yourself to the team, each enso employee spends a lunch hour (lunch provided daily) to tell their life story. Where they're from, who their family is, and what makes them who they are. Team members are encouraged to experiment with new formats and creative storytelling devices - and it allows everyone get to know each other in a much more human way.
- Shared Table and Missions
: For the last 3 years we've been hosting salon dinners around issues that enso employees care about with a rotating group of people from our team, and a collection of outsiders. Topics range from food equality in Los Angeles to gender representation in the media and more.
- Social Goodness and Passion Projects
: Recently, a group of employees expressed interest in doing a project around the Equal Rights Amendment - an unpaid, pro bono project fighting for a constitutional amendment to guarantee women equal rights. Enso supported the cause, granting the team permission to work during work hours, and paying for the hard costs of a community wide hackathon to generate ideas, and also engaging a PR firm to get media support behind the effort. Links to a recap from the work can be found on Mashable (mashable.com/2017/06/29/pass-the-era-memes/) and Buzzfeed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T04h2PloDk4). Social Goodness and Impact are an integral part of our Enso thread here and this example is setting a precedent for future employee driven passion projects, and the willingness for enso to back them. passtheera.co
- Free Food & Drinks: Enso always keeps the snacks and beverages fully stocked. Healthy lunches are catered daily! In addition, any leftovers are donated to our local homeless shelter, feeding people in need!
- Bike to Work Program: We offer a monthly $100 incentive to everyone who choses to bike to work.
- Culture & Celebrations: Our employees work hard- so keeping them happy and engaged is top priority for us! Aside from our company retreats we make sure to celebrate the many special moments like birthdays, engagements, baby showers, anniversaries, etc. We also partake in team happy hours, pier-concerts and off-site sports activities! Dog friendly office. Lunch and Learn: We bring in innovative companies/ people to collaborate with and educate our team. State of the Enso: Held every other Friday where each employee has the opportunity to recognize another for their hard work by giving them a trophy of appreciation!
- Work from Anywhere Wednesday: WFAW is a new way to help break up the week and work from home or anywhere else out in the world.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 100% of salary||75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 50% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 75% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 29 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 27 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 27 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (10% use it)
- Telecommute option (100% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (+ Delicious lunch provided daily from local restaurants
+ Unlimited snacks and drinks
+ Free parking
+ A bike to work incentive program
+ Available budget for supplies and cultural events
+ Ability to use the office space for person / passion projects and events)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|70 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||40 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|80 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||40 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|40 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||40 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
|40 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 40 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $200,412 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|| Yes Recycling program|
| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Talent Director is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked enso collaborative for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for people from a diverse set of backgrounds and work experiences - but the common thread is a commitment to fearless creativity and collaborative action to create impact.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees can make great work - ideally that also drives impact - and let us know about it by applying on our site or reaching out to someone on our team.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are currently focused on hiring for a few creative roles - but all open positions are listed on our site - http://enso.co/connect/
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates should read about all open job descriptions and apply via our website - http://enso.co/connect/.
| 10 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 52% Job Growth|
| 143 Average applicants per opening|| 2,000 Total job applicants|
| 6% New hires by employee referrals|| 1% Openings filled by current employees|
| 3% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 100% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|