What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I can be myself around here.
People care about each other here.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
What They Do
We asked Endurance International Group to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Endurance provides online web presence solutions including web hosting, eCommerce, eMarketing and mobile business tools to small businesses around the globe. Our world-class family of brands includes Constant Contact, Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, MOJO Marketplace, BigRock, SiteBuilder and SinglePlatform.
About this Company
| Website: www.endurance.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Burlington, Massachusetts, 01803|| US Sites: 9|
| Major Locations: Tempe, Arizona, 85281; Salt Lake City, Utah, 84101; Houston, Texas, 77092; Austin, Texas, 78754; Waltham, Massachusetts, 02451; Loveland, Colorado, 80538|| US Employees: 2,987|
| US Revenues: $1,111 million|| Employees Worldwide: 3,929|
| Corporate Structure: Public|| Stock Symbol: EIGI|
| Founded: 1997|
Perks and Programs
We asked Endurance International Group to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Software Engineering Development Program: The Software Engineer Development Program (SEDP) is designed to facilitate the growth and development of our newly-graduated Engineers. The SEDP allows them to rotate through a variety of areas across the enterprise to enhance their skill set while incorporating several targeted trainings to facilitate networking with peers and easing the transition from student to professional. The SEDP consists of three phases within the new hire's first year: 1. Training, 2. Rotations, and 3. Capstone Project. When working on their Capstone Project, the group conducts hands-on customer research to identify an area of need, and then designs, builds, tests, and implements a solution. Upon completion of the program, each member is placed on a development team based on their interests and business needs.
- Fit2gether Wellness Program: We value each of our employees and believe that their health and that of their families is a top priority. We provide an outcomes-based wellness program, completely free to all employees and their spouses or domestic partners, and provide contribution incentives of up to $1,000 per year to participants who reach their wellness health goals. Our partner, Interactive Health, offers screenings and personalized health reports with a score and goal. They also provide resources including telephonic coaching, webinars and unique programs focused on helping individuals with specific conditions. This program allows us to track year-over-year results and identify real health improvements in those with high-risk conditions. It is kept fun and competitive, with activities like office-wide step challenges and perks like chair massages and Fitbits!
- Flexible Time Off: We understand that we all need some flexibility in order to successfully balance work, family and personal obligations while also staying energized and excited. For this reason, Endurance offers several Paid Time Away from Work options for both Non-Exempt and Exempt employees. Employees enjoy being able to work collaboratively with others, while also having the freedom to tailor their schedules to best suit both their needs and the needs of their teams.
- Tuition Reimbursement: In embodying our values of Agility and ongoing Learning, Endurance encourages individuals to continue their formal education. Tuition payment assistance is offered to help individuals further their knowledge, skills, and job effectiveness through higher education in job-related areas. The plan reimburses employees who meet eligibility requirements up to $5,250 per calendar year, through payroll. Sixty-five team members successfully benefitted from this program between 7/1/2016 and 7/1/2017.
- Free Snacks and Meals: We know our employees are hard at work all day, so we like to keep our kitchens stocked with food to fuel their passion and productivity. A wide variety of complimentary snacks and drinks are offered across our offices, and many also provide catered meals for employees several times per week. Being able to take time away from the computer to enjoy a meal with colleagues allows employees the opportunity to interact with those they may not work with regularly, and helps cultivate an environment based on support and camaraderie.
- Our 401k Match & Retirement Savings Plan: Our Endurance 401k Plan helps our talent stay on track by providing individuals with the opportunity to save for retirement on a tax-deferred or post-tax basis. The plan is administered by Fidelity and provides all eligible employees with a number of online tools and resources that can help determine what it will take to reach retirement goals and how to best maximize contributions being made. We are proud to match the first 3% an employee contributes at 100%, and the next 2% contributed at 50%. In total, the company will match 80% of an employee's contributions up to 5% of their salary. Eligible employees are immediately completely vested in their own 401k contributions as well as the company match!
- Collaborative, Ergonomical Workspace: We want to make sure our employees are comfortable while they are at work which is why we've equipped our offices with a variety of modernized workspaces and stations. In just seconds, an employee who is tired of sitting can raise up their desk to create a standing workspace, or they can work their brain while moving their feet at our treadmill- or bicycle-desks. Our offices have plenty of conference rooms available with built-in technology like Chromeboxes that ensure easy collaboration across departments and locations. There are also a number of open, shared spaces with couches, seating areas, videos games, ping pong tables, and more that employees are encouraged to use whether it be to share a meal, have a meeting, or take a break.
- Clubs & Activities: One of the greatest benefits of having a collaborative work environment like that of Endurance is that individuals from around the company, regardless of the teams they're a part of or the projects that they're working on, are able to meet and interact with one another regularly. Employees have been able to build connections with their co-workers and identify commonalities which, in turn, has led to the inception of a number of employee-formed groups and clubs. There's a Gardening Club for our employees with green thumbs, a Golf Club that spends their summer on the links together, a Fun Committee that spearheads monthly office-wide events like trivia and karaoke, and more!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 80% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary||78% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for 53% of employees who are enrolled in the base health insurance plan participate in the Wellness Program and, in turn, can earn up to 82% of their premimum covered by the company if they reach their health goals.)|
| 78% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for 53% of employees who are enrolled in the base health insurance plan participate in the Wellness Program and, in turn, can earn up to 82% of their premimum covered by the company if they reach their health goals.)|| 78% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|| $3,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
| $5,250 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 29 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 21 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (15% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (15% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness
- Onsite Amenities ((Varies by Location)
Free Snacks & Drinks
Onsite Mail Services
Discounted Ticket Sales
Weight Watchers Meetings
Subsidized Public Transite)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||50 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|50 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|20 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||15 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|$5,000 Adoption benefit||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
|20 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $151,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| $31,551 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|| Sr Director, Customer Operations Leads environmental impact team|
| 1 LEED certified building(s)|| Yes Renewable energy program|
| Yes Recycling program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Endurance International Group for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
At Endurance we look for talented and diverse individuals who bring passion, care deeply about having a positive and lasting impact on our customers and who understand that working together drives the best results. Oh, and fun, we love employees who also know how to have some fun at work!
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Candidates who grab our attention are those who find a way to stand out among the crowd. We look for those who introduce themselves to us at technology events, showcase their skills at hackathons and can write a resume that demonstrates their successful track record. We also love to meet candidates who are following us on social media, members of our talent community and who are referreed to us by current employees.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We continue to focus on our critical talent profiles including software developers, technology professionals and web advisors. We are also always looking for smart, outgoing, customer-focused individuals to join our Sales and Support teams across the country.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Candidates should check out our career site, research us online, follow us on social media and check out our product offerings. You can even participate in a free trial of our Software products to learn more before applying. To get a good feel for our unique culture and awesome employees, we encourage candidates to view our YouTube page to catch a glimpse of our Endurance teams behind the scenes.
| 1,200 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 1% Job Growth|
| 29 Average applicants per opening|| 34,639 Total job applicants|
| 40% New hires by employee referrals|| 16% Openings filled by current employees|
| 180 Recent graduates hired|| 38% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 54% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|