What Employees Say
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
Management is competent at running the business.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
What They Do
We asked ELM Resources to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We connect colleges, universities, lenders, students and families with tools that simplify and streamline the private student lending process.
About this Company
| Website: www.elmresources.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Tampa, Florida, 33626|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: Tampa, Florida|| US Employees: 40|
| Corporate Structure: Private; Non-Profit|| Founded: 1994|
Perks and Programs
We asked ELM Resources to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Great Benefits: ELM is committed to contributing generously toward the cost of its team members’ benefits because we understand the security and peace of mind that comprehensive coverage provides to our team members and their families. On average, ELM contributes 84% of the total medical insurance premium for all eligible members of the family. In addition, we pay the full premium for family dental and family vision coverage as well as life and disability coverage for our team members.
- Market Leading Retirement Contributions: Helping our team members prepare for retirement is extremely important to ELM. Because of this, ELM currently provides a 6% 401k Match. ELM matches 100% of a team member's 401k contribution, up to 6% of his or her total cash compensation. Team members are immediately vested in their contributions as well as in ELM’s matching contributions. In addition to ELM’s 401k match, ELM also currently contributes an additional 6% of a team member’s total cash compensation into a Money Purchase Pension (Defined Contribution) account. This contribution does not require an employee contribution, but a waiting period and vesting schedule does apply.
- Competitive Bonus Program: In addition to competitive base salary, ELM utilizes incentive pay (ELM’s Incentive Compensation Plan) as a way to meet the strategic goals of the company. All full-time team members are eligible. Bonus payments are based on individual goals that relate to the company objectives as well as overall company performance.
- Strong Values: ELM fosters a family environment with strong values. We’ve worked very hard over the last several years to re-define our corporate culture by building trust and strengthening our communication. The “ELM” in ELM Resources stands for Education Loan Management, but it is also used to express the core values that we live by every day and at all levels here at ELM:
EXCELLENCE… In the products we create, in our support of those products and our company overall, and in the customer service we provide.
LOYALTY… To our team members in creating a positive and rewarding work environment built on trust and respect for one another.
MOTIVATION… To maintain a culture of open communication, teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Open Communication: We believe communication is key to maintaining trust and a positive work environment. We are open with company updates about performance, achievement on goals, projects we're working on, what our Board is discussing, etc. To get the message across, we utilize multiple channels such as: Open communication between team members and their direct managers, across teams, and at all levels of the organization; Use of online, collaboration tools so team members can share what they’re working on, provide project updates, news from our customers, etc.; Regular All Hands meetings to provide updates from each department executive; Informal 1:1 meetings with the team member’s department executive to identify ways to continually improve; and Informal 1:1 meetings with the Director of HR to identify ways to continually improve.
- Collaborative Work Environment: We believe that every member of our team contributes to our overall success as an organization. We encourage each member of our team to share their thoughts and ideas regarding their immediate work responsibilities as well as on any other area of the business. It is our belief that collaboration and teamwork lead to the best finished product possible.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 6% of salary||88% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for those who elected employee-only coverage.)|
| 83% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for those who elected employee+spouse, employee+children and family coverage.)|| $2,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 22 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 10 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (20% use it)
- Telecommute option (4% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (Beverages, Foosball table, occasional massages.)
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked ELM Resources for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Someone who is honest and sincere and demonstrates energy and passion for their profession. Someone who recognizes that learning never stops and desires to continually stretch the boundaries of their knowledge. A teammate. One who is willing to fail, willing to try something new, and to do it all as a team.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Be early, be prepared and do your research. We will test you, so be honest about what you know. Be yourself and present who you are. We take adding members to our team seriously and so should you. Remember, there is a difference between confidence and arrogance!
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Any candidate interested in learning more about ELM or a specific opportunity should submit their CV or Resume to ELMJobs@elmresources.com and identify the type of position for which he/she should be considered.
| 2 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 8% Job Growth|
| 12% New hires by employee referrals|| 8% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|