What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I feel I make a difference here.
I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position.
I can be myself around here.
What They Do
We asked Edgenet to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Edgenet is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company that provides retailers, distributors, websites and suppliers with the ability to manage and improve their product content, allowing them to sell more across all channels.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.edgenet.com/|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Nashville, Tennessee, 37204|| Major Locations: Waukesha, Wisconsin, 53188|
| US Employees: 93|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1990|
Perks and Programs
We asked Edgenet to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Wellness Program: Edgenet offers free membership to Aspire Fitness Studio as well as reimburses employees for any gym membership they may have. Edgenet offers onsite meditation and yoga led by employees that let employees take time out of their work day to participate in. We also offer unlimited healthy snacks & drinks.
- Flexible working program: Edgenet offers a flexible working environment. Employees can take unlimited PTO & parental leave, as well as work from home or remotely. There is no logging of hours or timesheets. Our employees work on the honor system.
- Professional development program: Edgenet offers both career and educational development support to all employees. If an employee needs to go back to school or is trying to get a masters, tuition reimbursement is offered as well as flexible scheduling. Edgenet lets its employees find professional development programs that they are most interested in attending (conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.) and the expense is reimbursed.
- Community outreach program: Edgenet has a committee of team members who identify causes and create initiatives around community outreach. Edgenet is working on a plan for 2017 which includes a partnership with the Martha OBryan Center, PENCIL partnership, Habitat for Humanity build, and a Blessings in a Backpack program. Other causes and charitable events will be identified as the new year approaches.
- Edgenet Academy: This is more of a customer facing perk or benefit, but a large percentage of employees get to reap the benefits of our onsite training programs. We bring in clients from all over the United States, train them on our software, and afterward take them out for a night out on the town in Nashville. All employees get their chance at some point to be involved in the fun which often includes an event and nice dinner followed by a trip to the Spot. Past events we have hosted have been Predators games, Sounds games, live concerts (Kings of Leon), and bowling at Pinewood Social.
- Incentive program: This program is exclusively dedicated to our sales org. The CEO provides challenges or incentives to the sales team if they hit their big goals/targets. Past incentive winners have won a game of golf at Richland country club, concert tickets of their choosing, Titans and Predators tickets, one of their sales org peers reporting to the winner for a day, and last but not least cold hard cash!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 3% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 6% of salary||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 26 weeks Paid sabbatical after 7 year(s) of employment|| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (25% use it)
- Subsided On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Healthy snacks, coffee, sodas, sparkling waters and water bottles, onsite meditation and yoga classes, car detailing, paid happy hours and lunches, and small percentage of client facing employees have a membership to the Spot (private club on Broadway))
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|365 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||365 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|120 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||365 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|365 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||60 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|365 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||365 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Childcare reimbursement during business travel
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $50,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Edgenet for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Enthusiatic, innovative, self starters who are early in their career and looking for a platform of personal growth and development
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Be hungry for success and have a ambitious drive to glean knowledge across all departments. Be a strategic thinker who is quick on their feet and looks outside of the box to find solutions.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
UX/UI Developer (someone who has customer pain experience)
More Solution Analysts (customer support)
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Go to www.edgenet.com & read about Edgenet's storied history then read about our products and what we do! Finally, go to the careers section of our website & apply or reach out via our company linked in page. We are always looking for the best talent regardless of open positions.
| 25 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 52% Job Growth|
| 12 Average applicants per opening|| 360 Total job applicants|
| 40% New hires by employee referrals|| 5% Openings filled by current employees|
| 10 Recent graduates hired|| 6% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|