What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I can be myself around here.
Management is competent at running the business.
What They Do
We asked DSLD Homes to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
DSLD Homes is currently one of the top 30 home builders in the nation, and is currently the largest privately held firm in our region. The level of success we have been able to achieve in our market is largely attributed to our managing partners 100+ years of residential construction experience.
About this Company
| Website: www.dsldhomes.com|| Industry: Construction & Real Estate|
| US Headquarters: Denham Springs, Louisiana, 70726|| US Sites: 11|
| Major Locations: Baton Rouge Area, Louisiana, 70816|| US Employees: 328|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2008|
Perks and Programs
We asked DSLD Homes to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Longevity Bonus: The longevity bonus gives employees and management the opportunity to receive a cash bonus based on DSLD earnings for the year. Employees and management become eligible for the bonus based on years of service.
- Company Parties and Team Events: DSLD hosts a family day crawfish boil and a Christmas party each year to celebrate our successes with all employees and their families. Each department also hosts team events for their employees such as bowling, spa day, cooking classes, paint ball and painting.
- Company Paid Training: DSLD values knowledge and the opportunity for our employees to hold certifications, memberships in professional organizations, licenses and to participate in both off-site and on-site conferences and training classes during the work week.
- Pay Continuance: DSLD understands that it can become difficult for an employee and their family during a time when they are unable to be at work due to their own illness or pregnancy. This is why DSLD offers 8 weeks of pay continuance for our employees, if they are not able to work, which runs concurrent with their FMLA leave.
- Employee House Discount: After being employed for 1 year, DSLD offers its employees a house discount on a DSLD house of their choice in a DSLD neighborhood of their choice. There is also a discount offered on selected upgrades.
- Employee Health Insurance: Health insurance for DSLD employees is 100% paid by the company through the High Deductible Health Plan. Employees have no premium for this health plan. The deductible and co-insurance for in-network providers and generic prescription medications are also paid at 100% when using the funds that DSLD contributes in the employee's H.S.A.
- Company Paid Phone and Tablet: DSLD superintendents and customer care technicians in the field are equipped with the technology needed to keep their work paperless and organized. New hires in these jobs receive an iPhone, iPad, laser level and metal detector with all wireless service paid by DSLD. Other positions, such as sales agents and managers, receive company paid iPhones and iPads as well.
- New Hire Company Orientation: New hires attend a company orientation to learn from each department manager how their job can influence other departments and where their job fits in the overall company vision, goals and culture.
- Sales Ace Club: Top performing sales agents for each quarter win the Ace Award based on exceeding sales goals, customer satisfaction ratings and mortgage capture goals. Winners receive a gift card, dinner with the CEO and COO, and recognition in the company newsletter.
- Monthly Company Newsletter: The HR department emails a company newsletter each month to all DSLD employees. The newsletter contains a letter from the CEO, business updates, employee birthdays, introduction of new hires, current job postings, and an employee recognition and activities section that also includes personal life events like weddings and the birth of a child.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 6% of salary||100% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Full time employees)|
How to Get Hired
We asked DSLD Homes for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
With the expansion into the Huntsville, AL and Pensacola, FL regions, DSLD is looking for qualified candidates in the fields of superintendent, sales agent and customer care technician.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
View open postions on our website www.dsldhomes.com and click on the Careers section.
| 29% Job Growth|| 37 Average applicants per opening|
| 1,475 Total job applicants|