What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People celebrate special events around here.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
People care about each other here.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
What They Do
We asked dPOP LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
dPOP is a facilities-minded commercial interior design studio that specializes in creating unique workplaces that promote collaboration, creativity, and company culture.
About this Company
| Website: www.dpopculture.com|| Industry: Architecture & Design|
| US Headquarters: Detroit, Michigan, 48226|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: Detroit, Michigan|| US Employees: 32|
| US Revenues: $21.0 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2013|
Perks and Programs
We asked dPOP LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Forward Looking Tech Policy: dPOP has consistently demonstrated a commitment to providing its team members with every tool, technology, and resource they deem necessary or desirable in getting the job done. Whether it’s testing a brand new type of tech, or offering options for platforms and software suites, dPOP offers the flexibility for team members to experiment and maximize their performance, and in doing so, keep us on the cutting edge of the design industry.
- Support for Volunteer Work: dPOP has been extremely supportive of my involvement with various non-profit organizations, including sometimes significant travel obligations. By representing our firm on the Boards of organizations doing important work in our community and the broader design profession, I feel we set a great example for not compromising between doing well and doing good—making a profit and making a difference.
- Respect for Personal Time: When I started my great uncle passed away who I was really close with. I was told to take the week off be with my family. I was probably two days in to work. I have never worked at a place that cared so much about your personal life or issues I am having. I think everyone is greatly effected by this in a positive way.
- Research Trips: I think it is amazing that we send so many people to shows for research. It benefits the company and all of us as designers.
- Health and Fitness instructor: I think one of the greatest perks of working at dPOP, and that everyone I tell gets so jealous of, is company sponsored workouts with a trainer twice a week. It enables a comfortable work environment that you can work hard in and workout hard in. It builds a team, it builds bridges with health and the workplace, and overall health.
- Summer Concert Series: Our team loves to come together over fun outings and we thrive on concerts that are hosted in the city. Planning our summer evenings to hit some big names is one of the many perks.
- Inclusion of Spouses and Family: At team events we are always encouraged to invite our significant others and those with kids are welcome as well. Now we might be in the mood to invite them to certain times, but we are fully aware we are welcome to extend invites.
- Bring your dog to work: Typically there is at least one dog in the office each day. If team members are aware of a small dog coming in they will take that into consideration before deciding to bring in their large dog. Everyone's outwardly comfortable with these dogs in the office and when new hires come in we make sure to check with them before ever assuming they are allergy free or furry lovers.
- Open Work space: Every other Friday our work space is open to the public to come in and work in our space. We have a fun and interesting office setting so people like to come visit often, and we make sure to share with them to come back and have the chance to spend a day in our office while still doing their own work. We have free wifi and we set up fun tables and work spaces for people to claim as they wander through.
- Season Team Sports: The team is involved in the city's sports leagues, and depending on the season we switch up sports. We have a team for softball, volleyball, and bowling. This is a time for us to come together as a team outside of the office walls and get to know eachother on a new level.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $60,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Interior Designer|| $63,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for interior designer|
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to $5000 of salary||74% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 72% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 72% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 40 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|| $5,250 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 24 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 18 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 10 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 4 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
| 4 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (10% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (15% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (2% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (healthy groceries, yoga sessions, essential oil meditation sessions)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|35 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||35 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|$5,000 Adoption benefit||10 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
|10 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- On-site or near-site backup childcare center
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $12,211 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| $200 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Disabled employees
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked dPOP LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
dPOP hires based on key characteristics designed to match talented candidates to our company culture. Candidates must demonstrate a passion for design, thoughtful towards their client's culture and provocate. They must bring that edge to every project!
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Candidates should submit their work in portfolio form that highlights their work in workplace design.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We're always looking for talented Lead Interiors Designers, Environmental Graphic Designers and Industrial Designers.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
For candidates interested in employment at dPOP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
| 5 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 14% Job Growth|
| 150 Average applicants per opening|| 749 Total job applicants|
| 83% New hires by employee referrals|| 2% Openings filled by current employees|
| 14% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|