What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked Doctor On Demand to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Doctor On Demand is the leading video medicine healthcare platform. Through live video visits, doctors take patient history, perform exams, and recommend treatment plans, including prescriptions if needed. While insurance isn’t required, tens of millions of Americans enjoy covered medical and mental health visits through employer and health plan partnerships.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.doctorondemand.com/|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: San Francisco, California, 94111|| US Employees: 263|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2012|
Perks and Programs
We asked Doctor On Demand to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Free Doctor On Demand Visits: Doctor On Demand offered fully covered medical and mental health video visits through the Doctor On Demand platform for employees and their family members.
- Annual Wellness Allowance: A healthy mind, body, and spirit energizes productive and happy employees. Doctor On Demand extends an annual wellness allowance to all employees.
- Unlimited Time Off: Doctor On Demand believes that time off is important to the health and well-being of our employees and we encourage all employees to utilize their time off. Time off includes taking personal days, to care for yourself or a family member for short-term illness, or for bereavement needs.
- Free Lunch & Breakfast: Lunch and Breakfast is provided a few times during the week in all office locations.
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance: All full time employees are eligible to receive a monthly cell phone allowance.
- Office Happy Hours: At Doctor On Demand, we work incredibly hard, but we also make time to have fun!
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Vacation Paid time off|| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Kitchen stocked with healthy snacks and beverages, catered breakfast on Monday mornings, lunch provided twice a week, and monthly catered happy hours.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|100 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||10 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- VP of HR oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Doctor On Demand for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
At Doctor On Demand, we engage with candidates who have a strong connection to our overall mission of improving access to quality healthcare. We look for candidates who are passionate about their area of expertise, inquisitive by nature, and able to demonstrate how they can make an impact in our organization.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
First and foremost, show us that you share a passion for our mission. Present new and innovative ways of improving the patient experience. We’re looking to shape the next generation of healthcare and are looking for candidates who are up for that challenge.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are growing rapidly and looking to expand across all our departments, but particularly focused on growing our engineering, physician, psychiatrist and psychologist teams.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Head to our career landing page to see open job positions: www.doctorondemand.com/careers. We also frequently post job openings on our LinkedIn page and Twitter. Follow us to learn more!