What Employees Say
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
I feel I make a difference here.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
People celebrate special events around here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
What They Do
We asked Dimensions in Senior Living to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Dimensions in Senior Living provides quality housing and care for over 300 seniors in our Assisted Living, Memoroy Care and Senior Apartment Communities located in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and MIssouri.
About this Company
| Website: www.dimsrlvg.com|| Industry: Aging Services|
| US Headquarters: Gretna, Nebraska, 68028|| US Sites: 6|
| US Employees: 182|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1991|
Perks and Programs
We asked Dimensions in Senior Living to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Community Support: Employees in each of our communities are encouraged to participate in community projects and organizations such as the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's, Relay for Life, holiday veteran sponsoring, etc. Employees raise money for these causes through silent auctions, facility events, and bake sales.
- Senior Living Week: Annually in September we honor the relationships created in our communities during National Assisted Living Week. Each of our community plans special events that involve and recognize residents and staff and involve the community. Events include carnivals, picnics, guest speakers, local entertainment, daily dress-up themes and more. Employees, residents and their families are encouraged to participate.
- Employee Awards Ceremony: Each of our community nominates their most outstanding performers during the previous year. Employees receive certificates, and gift certificates when they receive the award. They are honored in a ceremony at the community and then are invited to an annual company wide awards banquet with all expenses paid where team management recognize them for their outstanding achievements.
- Medication Training: Dimensions believes strongly on helping our employees strengthen their skills. Annually Dimensions pays for between 6 and 12 employees to obtain their Medication Aide certification training. This is at no cost to the employee and employees are nominated by community management for consideration to take the training.
- Theme Days: Life Enrichment staff in each community plan theme days that residents and staff participate in. On theme days residents and staff are encouraged to dress up like the theme, be it patriotic, 1950's, Luau, etc. Theme days include special meals and snacks for staff and residents, entertainment or games and other special events that coordinate with the theme.
- Nurses Week Recognition: Annually nursing staff in our communities are recognized for their contributions in our communities. This week includes special awards for nursing staff team members, special recognition of them during resident events, pizza parties, small gifts, and more.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 3% Average 401(k)/403b company contribution per employee||75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 15 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
Community and Environmental Impact
| $15,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Dimensions in Senior Living for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
A passion for the population we serve. We can teach job skills, but if an employee isn't able to make a connection with the residents we serve they will be challenged to be successful in our communities.