What Employees Say
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People celebrate special events around here.
We have special and unique benefits here.
What They Do
We asked David Weekley Homes to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are the largest privately-held, single-family home builder in America, operating in 22 markets. Our primary business is the design, construction, marketing and sales of new single-family homes, including attached housing, paired villas, duplexes, and Central Living in-town homes.
About this Company
| Website: www.davidweekleyhomes.com|| Industry: Construction & Real Estate|
| US Headquarters: Houston, Texas, 77055|| US Sites: 22|
| Major Locations: Dallas, Texas; Austin, Texas; San Antonio, Texas; Orlando, Florida; Tampa, Florida|| US Employees: 1,624|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1976|
Perks and Programs
We asked David Weekley Homes to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Team Member’s Student Scholarship Program: Not only does David Weekley Homes support the higher educational needs of our Team Members, it also support those of their children. The company provides college scholarships for the children of its Team Members and the amount of tuition support increases with tenure. The scholarships can be earned each year for a maximum of four years, and are available to all Team Members' children.
- Home and Product Discounts: David Weekley Homes offers discounts on our homes to Team Members starting from their very first day of work! As a Team Member’s tenure increases, so does the home discount. The company also offers a home discount to a Team Member’s immediate family. Plus, through relationships with vendors, Team Members enjoy discounts on products ranging from appliances and computers to paint and electricity.
- Profit Sharing: When the company is successful, it returns a portion of the profits to its Team Members. The profit sharing program is based on quarterly results by market, so Teams have four opportunities each year to earn a portion of their cities’ profits.
- Noble Journey Rewards Program: Each year, there are company-wide goals, and as Teams achieve those goals each quarter, they are rewarded with points redeemable toward items in a robust online catalog. Items available include electronics, trips, jewelry and accessories, sporting goods, appliances and more. Plus, Team Members receive points for each work anniversary!
- Sabbaticals: At David Weekley Homes, the company rewards longevity in service. Full-time Team Members with 10 continuous years of service are eligible for an up to six-week sabbatical, along with a monetary grant to use for activities, travel or education during this experience.
- Team Members’ Student Summer Internship Program: We have a paid summer internship program for the children of our Team Members. These students have the opportunity to gain experience in a professional workplace setting, including going through an interview process. This program is open to Team Members’ children between the ages of 16-25 and who are full-time high school or college students.
- Chaplains Program: In each of the cities in which we operate, Team Members have access to chaplains through Marketplace Chaplains USA. This program provides free assistance to Team Members and their immediate families who need personal guidance, advice, wedding or funeral arrangements, and more.
- Adoption Assistance Program: Expanding a family through adoption is an exciting process, but it can also be financially challenging. With this in mind, David Weekley Homes offers financial reimbursement assistance to full-time Team Members with a year or more of service who are adopting children from newborn to age 18. New adoptive parents also receive 5 paid days to bond with their new family member!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|82% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Full-time Team Members)|| 73% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for Full-time Team Members)|
| $2,000 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 19 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 4 weeks Paid sabbatical after 10 year(s) of employment|
| 14 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Onsite Amenities (Free coffee/tea, snacks for purchase, latte lounge in Bistro, car wash, onsite package/mailing service, fitness classes, massage therapy)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||5 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|55 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||5 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||$8,000 Adoption benefit|
|5 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)||5 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Childcare reimbursement during business travel
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked David Weekley Homes for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
At David Weekley Homes, key characteristics we look for in prospective Team Members include:
- Honesty and integrity
- Great attitude
- Natural curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Willingness to having work inspected, holding oneself accountable and delivering on commitments
- Open-mindedness to others’ ideas and perspectives
- Shared values to delight Customers
- Servant-leader approach that embodies Our Purpose of Building Dreams, Enhancing Lives
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We encourage prospective Team Members to learn about our products and Our Purpose of Building Dreams, Enhancing Lives by visiting www.DavidWeekleyHomes.com and www.WorkForWeekley.com. By understanding who we are and what we strive to achieve as a company, knowledgeable candidates will be prepared to discuss career opportunities with us.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are growing in several aspects of the company, and our postings on www.WorkForWeekley.com will reflect the types of career opportunities available.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
We encourage those interested in joining our company to visit www.WorkForWeekley.com to view our career opportunities. Submitting applications and resumes is done directly from this site.
| 360 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 7% Job Growth|
| 188 Average applicants per opening|| 32,643 Total job applicants|
| 45% New hires by employee referrals|| 31 Recent graduates hired|
| 11% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 374% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|