What Employees Say
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
When people change jobs or work units, they are made to feel right at home.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
You can count on people to cooperate.
People avoid politicking and backstabbing as ways to get things done.
What They Do
We asked Curiosity Media to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Curiosity Media uses cutting-edge technology to build accurate, innovative solutions to help people communicate across Spanish and English. Our flagship product, SpanishDict.com, is the world's top destination for Spanish-English language learners and reaches more than 25 million users each month.
About this Company
| Website: www.curiositymedia.com|| Industry: Education & Training|
| US Headquarters: Arlington, Virginia, 22209|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 19|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2006|
Perks and Programs
We asked Curiosity Media to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Fun Employee Engagement Events: We like to create opportunities for our employees to have fun and unwind. We host monthly Thirsty Third Thursdays at the office where we hang out, eat good food, and play Jackbox Games. We also plan monthly outings for fun events, such as hiking, bowling, kayaking, and much more!
- Free Friday Lunches: We provide free catered lunches every Friday and occasionally go for lunch outings so we can all eat together as a team!
- 401(K): From their first day of employment, we help employees save for retirement by offering a 3% contribution towards a 401(k) plan, regardless of whether they choose to contribute.
- Healthcare: We offer employees health insurance and pay 100% of their premium. We also contribute 50% toward the monthly premium to cover a partner and/or dependents. If they prefer to obtain health insurance elsewhere, we will pay up to $300 per month to purchase their own coverage.
- Education Benefit: To reflect our passion for continuous learning, we offer our employees $1,000 per calendar year for professional development programs, books, conferences, or any other learning tool that is related to their field. This benefit is intended to help employees own and drive their professional development.
- Parental Leave: The introduction of a new child into the family is an important moment in life and we want to provide the flexibility needed to get off to a great start. Any parent with a new child, whether biological, adoptive, or foster, can take 8 weeks of 100% paid leave if they are the primary caregiver. If they are not the primary caregiver, they can take 3 weeks of 100% paid leave. The leave can be taken anytime within the first six months of the birth or placement of the child. Leave does not need to be taken consecutively. It may be split throughout the six months.
- Referrals: Employees are encouraged to refer friends and contacts for employment at Curiosity Media Inc. The company will pay a referral bonus of $2,000.00 to any employee who refers a candidate that becomes subsequently employed as a result of their introduction.
- Paid Holidays: We follow the federal government calendar for holidays, which includes paid time off for: New Year’s Day - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Washington’s Birthday/Presidents Day - Memorial Day - Independence Day - Labor Day - Veterans Day - Thanksgiving Day - Day after Thanksgiving - Christmas Day
- Paid Time Off: Putting People First is one of our core values and one of the ways we embody this value is by recognizing the importance of taking time away to recharge. We want our team to disconnect periodically throughout the year so they can come back refreshed and prepared to do their best work. We offer a flexible paid vacation policy which provides paid leave over the course of each calendar year. We use 15 days in a 12 month period as a rule of thumb.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 50% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Vacation Paid time off|| Unlimited Sick Paid time off|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (100% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (Free lunch Fridays, all-you-can-eat snacks and drinks, game room with PS4)
How to Get Hired
We asked Curiosity Media for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
To find out more about our open positions, please visit our careers page at http://curiositymedia.com/careers
| 5 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 86 Average applicants per opening|
| 860 Total job applicants|