What Employees Say
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
Management is competent at running the business.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked Crowe Horwath LLP to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Crowe is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms and is ranked as the 8th largest accounting and consulting firm by Accounting Today. Crowe provides audit, tax, advisory, risk and performance services.
About this Company
| Website: www.crowehorwath.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois|| US Sites: 32|
| Major Locations: New York, New York; Indianapolis, Indiana; Los Angeles, California; Boston, Massachusetts; Miami, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; San Francisco, California|| US Employees: 3,164|
| Employees Worldwide: 118|| Corporate Structure: Partnership; Private|
| Founded: 1942|
Perks and Programs
We asked Crowe Horwath LLP to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Where to Work: In our focus to “Measure What Matters,” our mobility strategy allows our people to make decisions as to where it’s most convenient for them to work and where they will be most productive given the nature of the work to be completed – whether that’s in the office, at home or from another remote location. We are in a client service business and ensuring we meet our clients’ needs is critical. At the same time, when not required to be at a client site, we believe it is important to provide our people with choices as to where they work in order to provide them with the flexibility they need to manage work/life needs.
- What to Wear: Our overall charitable giving directly supports the passions of our people through their volunteer activities. Our Volunteer Investment Program grants $250 awards to qualified not-for-profits based on submitted requests where a Crowe individual has volunteered at least 30 hours over the last year. Our Board Member Match Program grants a $3-to-$1 match to individuals serving on qualified not-for-profits boards for any personal contribution up to $250.
- Community involvement: Personnel can earn a $250 Volunteer Investment Program (VIP) grant when they volunteer at least 30 hours in a calendar year with a qualified not-for-profit. If they serve on a qualified not-for-profit board, they can earn a Board Member Match, which provides a $3-to-$1 grant match for their personal contribution up to $250. Unlike other firms, Crowe does not accept grant requests directly from not-for-profits. Our grant requests only come from our people, ensuring that firm dollars directly support not-for-profits where our people volunteer. Last fiscal year, the Crowe Horwath Foundation awarded 122 VIP and 121 Board Member Match awards totaling nearly $120,000.
- Innovation: We have two formal programs that support innovation: New Product Development (NPD) and the Crowe Horwath Idea Portal. Through our NPD program, personnel develop their ideas for new products and services. Each year, Crowe invests about two percent of firm revenue in NPD funding to develop ideas our people bring forward. The firm recognizes those who bring these ideas forward and help to develop them through annual Innovation Awards. The awards recognize a variety of categories including outstanding growth, courageous leadership and technical design. The Crowe Horwath Idea Portal also provides a means for personnel to bring forth ideas to help improve internal processes at the firm such as how to streamline processes, save time, reduce costs, increase productivity or boost morale.
- CEO communications: Each year, our CEO travels to many of our offices to meet face-to-face with our people for his State of the Firm presentation. He shares the firm’s vision and updates, as well as celebrates the successes and accomplishments we achieved together. However, this is not a two-hour lecture. He includes lighthearted videos to help convey his messages and includes the opportunity for interaction with breakout sessions and a Q&A session so participants have the opportunity to ask questions. Every month, our CEO also engages personnel with video updates. Topics include progress toward our strategy and vision, financial performance and recent awards and accomplishment.
- Talent Referral Program: Through our talent referral program, Crowe personnel can earn bonuses ranging from $1,000 to $10,000, based on the experience and job level of new hires they successfully refer. Last year the firm paid nearly half a million dollars in referral bonuses, which are given after the new hire referral has been with the firm for 30 days.
- Paid-leave policies: Following the birth, adoption or act of custody of a child, personnel get up to six weeks of fully paid time off (whether they’re the birth or non-birth parent). For those in the military, personnel get up to four weeks paid time off for reservist obligations or if they are deployed for active duty.
- Well-being: Our wellness portal helps our people live a healthy lifestyle while earning points toward incentives. Crowe personnel earn points by participating in challenges and activities, which earn them gift cards, raffle prizes and discounts on medical benefit premiums. They can join more than 30 challenges and health coaching programs and have hundreds of resources and tools on health and wellness topics from which to choose. Nearly 1,000 people have already earned gift cards and prizes through the portal since it launched in January 2016.
- Living Our Values Awards: Crowe recognizes people who bring our four core values (We Care, We Share, We Invest, We Grow) to life on a daily basis through their attitudes, behaviors and choices with our Living Our Values Awards. For example, an individual receive awards for mentoring colleagues, volunteering in the community or delivering exceptional client service, among other things. Everyone in the firm is eligible for the award and anyone can nominate a colleague. Recipients are awarded a puzzle-piece shaped pin representing the value they embody.
- Overnight/road warriors: Personnel receive an overnight travel bonus for recording at least 10 overnight stays in a fiscal quarter, with the amounts increasing at higher levels of overnight travel. Last year, the firm paid more than $1.4 million in bonuses to more than 1,300 people. Road warriors (meaning personnel who spend more than 30 percent of their time traveling for work), receive additional perks, including airline club expense reimbursement, hotel laundry/dry cleaning reimbursement, expense reimbursement and cell phone reimbursement.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 50% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 2.5% of an employee's salary||73% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 78% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 76% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
- Health insurance for retirees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- On-site package/mailing service
- Free beverages during the day
- Fitness classes
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 29 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 29 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (90% use it)
- Telecommute option (90% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|30 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||30 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|30 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||$10,000 Adoption benefit|
|30 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents||30 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Childcare reimbursement during business travel
- Elder care resources
- Lactation room(s)
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Fitness center (at some locations)
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
- Subsidized offsite gym memberships
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| 96 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $1,570,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| $151,682 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Chief People Officer is accountable to formal diversity goals for employee recruitment and retention
- Formal programs support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees
- 1 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Crowe Horwath LLP for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for people who demonstrate our core values - we care, we share, we invest and we grow. Beyond demonstrating those values, we look for job candidates who have an innovative spirit and diverse experiences.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
There are several areas we're focusing on hiring over the next year: - Auditors - Tax professionals (State and local Tax, Federal Tax, International Tax) - Advisory Services professionals (Transaction Services and Mergers and Acquisitions Integration Consultants) - Applied Technology professionals (.Net Developers) - Performance Consulting professionals (Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Business Intelligence Analysts) - Risk Consulting professionals (Information Technology Audit, Internal Audit, Information Security Consultants, AML
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our Careers site to learn about open internships and full-time positions: http://www.crowehorwath.com/careers/
| 692 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 11% Job Growth|
| 63 Average applicants per opening|| 58,889 Applications received|
| 729 Positions filled in past year|| 34% New hires by employee referrals|
| 77 New positions created|| 40 Jobs filled by current employees|
| Yes Recruits on college campuses|| 343 New graduates hired|