What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is competent at running the business.
Management hires people who fit in well here.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
When people change jobs or work units, they are made to feel right at home.
What They Do
We asked CompassCare, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
CompassCare is an innovative concierge private duty homecare and caregiving training company founded by and managed by gerontologists. We offer the highest quality home care services and caregiving training. In essence, we are ... Empowering Independence®.
About this Company
| Website: www.carewhenyouneedit.com|| Industry: Aging Services|
| US Headquarters: Stamford, Connecticut, 06905|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 53|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2014|
Perks and Programs
We asked CompassCare, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- CompassCare Worx: CompassCare invests in continuing education and training for all of our CompassCare Assistants (CCAs; our caregivers) free of charge through its proprietary training program (CompassCare Worx™) development by and lead by professors from Cornell University.
- CNA Certifcation Remibursment: For those potential CompassCare Assistants (CCAs; our caregivers) who don't have a Certified Nurse Assistant certification, CompassCare will pay for that certification with a 2-year commitment of employment with CompassCare.
- Employee Referral Program: We offer a $250 incentive to current employees who refer new employees to CompassCare
- Emails & Business Cards: In an industry that often treats their caregivers as merely a cost of doing business we view and treat our CompassCare Assistants as assets of the Company and look for ways to professionalize the position wherever possible. To this end, we provide every CompassCare Assistant a company email and a set of business cards and among the highest wages in the industry. We do this in part, to professionalize the position but also because they represent CompassCare daily.
- 16 vs. 13 hours: While the industry only 'counts' (accumulates) 13 hours of worked time on a live-in shift CompassCare counts (accumulates) 16 hours in the same 24 hour period which, in turn, accelerates for the CompassCare Assistant the number of hours towards overtime.
- Equity: It is anticipated to segregate a portion of equity that will be allocated to those eligible full-time CompassCare Assistants. This program is in the process of being formalized.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Set days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|
Community and Environmental Impact
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
| 72 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 26% Job Growth|
| 13% New hires by employee referrals|| 3 Recent graduates hired|