What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
People care about each other here.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
What They Do
We asked Common Ground Health to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Common Ground Health works to bring focus to community health issues via data analysis, engagement & solution implementation through community collaboration and partnership.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.commongroundhealth.org|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: Rochester, New York, 14607|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 40|| Corporate Structure: Non-Profit|
| Founded: 1974|
Perks and Programs
We asked Common Ground Health to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Flexible Work Schedule: Common Ground Health offers employees the opportunity to define their own work schedule.
- Work from Home: Common Ground Health offers employees the option to work from home.
- 403(b) match: All regular employees working 1000 hours a year or more are enrolled in an individual 403(b) plan effective the first day of the month following completion of one year's service. Common Ground Health contributes 6% of the employee's base salary per pay period into their 403(b) account.
- Ice Cream Socials: Common Ground Health has an ice cream truck come to the office once a week during the summer months, starting in June and ending in September.
- Time off Policy: Common Ground Health offers a generous time off policy that includes 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 11 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays. Vacation and sick time are pro-rated for part-time employees.
- Benefit Plan Options: Common Ground Health offers 3 medical plan options - 1 copay plan and 2 high deductible health plans, a dental and vision plan as well as agency paid benefits that include life insurance, and short and long-term disability. Common Ground Health also offers an FSA, HSA, employee discount options through mBB, an EAP, and 3 voluntary AFLAC products.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|90% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 54% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 45% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 20 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 33 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 33 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 10 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 33 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 33 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (95% use it)
- Telecommute option (90% use it)
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 4 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Common Ground Health for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
flexibility, creativity, relevant work/life experience, passion for the work we do
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
show passion for public health work
| 3 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 50 Average applicants per opening|
| 350 Total job applicants|| 18% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 50% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|