What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
Management recognizes honest mistakes as part of doing business.
What They Do
We asked Coastal Payroll to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Coastal Payroll provides a cloud-based human capital management solution to help employers manage their workforce through payroll, time & labor, talent, benefits mangement, and HR management.
About this Company
| Website: www.coastalpayroll.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: San Diego, California, 92123|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 37|| US Revenues: $5.1 million|
| Worldwide Revenues: $5.1 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2007|
Perks and Programs
We asked Coastal Payroll to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Company Fun Days: Coastal Payroll regularly schedules company fun days for employees throughout the year to get out of the office, team-build, and enjoy each other's company. Previously scheduled events have included company scavenger hunts, summer olympics, bowling, escape rooms, renting a yacht to sail around the bay, baseball games, etc. Employees spit into teams for most events and dress in team costume or colors! After most events we enjoy happy hour together to reflect on activities.
- Annual Goal Setting: Every year employees and executives are encouraged to write five attainable goals, both personal and career. Goals are printed, framed, and placed on workstations for team members to see every day.
- Catered Lunches: Coastal Payroll offers catered lunches every Friday to the entire office. Employees eat lunch together in the conference room to reflect on their week, talk weekend plans, and even play some games.
- Go Green Initative: Coastal Payroll promotes a green practices throughout the office and our services. All employees have Coastal Payroll reusable cups and mugs, easily accessible shredder bins, and are provided office supplies that are made with recyclable products. We also promote green practices with our clients, encouraging them to "go paperless".
- Unlimited Coffee and Tea: Coastal Payroll provides the team a fully-stocked coffee and tea k-cup cabinet for the team.
- Birthday and Anniversary Celebrations: Coastal Payroll celebrates all employees' birthdays and work anniversaries with cake and flowers. Team members also often contribute to their colleagues' birthday celebrations with balloons, gifts, etc. For each work anniversary, the President hand picks out a self-help book and a card congratulating employees on all their success
- Zen Room: Coastal Payroll incorporated a "Zen Room" in 2014 for employees to relax, meditate, and read. The Zen Room is complete with a rug, pillows, and library of books donated by Coastal Payroll employees.
- Wellness Month: Coastal Payroll hosts annual Wellness Month/Fitness February for it's employees. Employees recognize that the best motivation comes from team camaraderie and developed "Fitness February" as a result. Individuals are broken into teams and work together/motivate each other to accumulate points in various areas including: health, career, and personal wellness.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary||75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 10 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (8% use it)
- Telecommute option (27% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Unlimited tea and coffee, on-site chair massages, friday catered lunches)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||20 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
Community and Environmental Impact
| $11,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Coastal Payroll for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Key characteristics that tells us a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company if they are a go-getter, self-motivated, eager to learn, and exert positive experiences with everyone they encounter.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees can visit our company website and read on the services we offer and what we stand for. It would also catch our attention if prospective employees did research on what is happening in the HCM and payroll industry.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
HCM Specialists (Customer Service Reps), HCM Consultants (Sales), and more.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates can check out our careers page and see if there are any open positions that fit their background. If there is a role not listed that you would like to be considered for, you can send resumes to our general job inquiry email.
| 10 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 19% Job Growth|
| 53 Average applicants per opening|| 480 Total job applicants|
| 1 Recent graduates hired|| 3% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|