What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
Management makes its expectations clear.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
What They Do
We asked City Credit Union to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
City Credit Union originated and opened in 1942 to serve City of Dallas Employees. Today we serve Dallas, Cooke, Ellis and Grayson counties and have grown to be one of the largest credit unions in the Dallas Fort Worth area.
About this Company
| Website: www.citycu.org|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Dallas, Texas|| US Sites: 7|
| US Employees: 120|| Corporate Structure: Non-Profit|
| Founded: 1942|
Perks and Programs
We asked City Credit Union to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Years of Service Award: Associates are recognized for years of service with a service award and a cash payment.
- Incentive Awards: Each month Associates in Member Services who have met or exceeded their sales goals receives a gift card from the CEO and Leadership team..
- Making The Difference: Each month associates are nominated by peers and recognized for making a difference in the financial life of a Member.. A gift basket is awarded to the associate.
- Benefits Program: We provide excellent benefits; medical, dental, vision care, flex spending plan, EAP, optional AFLAC, optional life and AD&D insurance and Legal Shield. Employer paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance, as well as basic life and AD&D 100%. We also offer a defined benefit pension plan.
- Bonus: Bonuses are paid each year based on the performance of the company.
- Career Growth: We provide opportunities for increased responsibility and career advancement by encouraging our Associates to cross train and go beyond their comfort zone. We provide honest recognition for work achievements.
- Incentive Pay : Our Member Services and Financial Services Associates have the opportunity to earn additional income through our incentive program which is based on monthly loan goals.
- Credit Union Member Benefits: Associates are eligible for membership and will receive: half-off safe deposit boxes, discounted money orders, free box of checks (2x year) and discount fees on domestic and international wire transfers.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $33,200 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Member Relationship Representative|| $62,375 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Manager|
| 4% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 4% of an employee's salary||97% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 10 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|90 days Job-protected maternity leave||91 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|56 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||84 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|84 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- Dental care
- Mental health care
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Subsidized offsite gym memberships
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked City Credit Union for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Enthusiasm, initiative, service oriented, relevant work experience, ability to multi task.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Contact us via phone, e-mail, Facebook or Linkedin.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Member Services and Financial Services.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website.
| 10 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 83 Average applicants per opening|
| 1,000 Applications received|| 3% New hires by employee referrals|
| 23% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|