What Employees Say
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
People celebrate special events around here.
I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I can ask management any reasonable question and get a straight answer.
What They Do
We asked City Credit Union to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
City Credit Union originated and opened in 1942 to serve City of Dallas Employees. Today we serve Dallas, Cooke, Ellis and Grayson counties and have grown to be one of the largest credit unions in the Dallas Fort Worth area.
About this Company
| Website: www.citycu.org|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Dallas, Texas, 75228|| US Sites: 7|
| US Employees: 117|| Corporate Structure: Non-Profit|
| Founded: 1942|
Perks and Programs
We asked City Credit Union to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Years of Service Award: Associates are recognized for years of service with a service award and a cash payment.
- Sales Awards: Each month Associates in Member Services who have met or exceeded their sales goals receives a gift card from the CEO and Leadership team.
- Making The Difference: Each month Associates are nominated by Members and recognized for making a difference in the financial life of a Member. A gift basket, certificate, and gift card is awarded to the Associate.
- High 5 Award: Each month, Associates nominate their peers for demonstrating the core values of City CU. Winners receive a certificate and gift card.
- Benefits Program: We provide excellent benefits; medical, dental, vision care, flex spending plan, Employee Assistance Program, optional AFLAC, optional life and AD&D insurance and Legal Shield. Employer paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance, as well as basic life and AD&D paid 100%. We also offer defined benefit pension and 401(k) retirement plans. are paid each year based on the performance of the company.
- Career Growth: We provide opportunities for increased responsibility and career advancement by encouraging our Associates to cross train and go beyond their comfort zone. We provide recognition and advancement for work achievements.
- Incentive Pay: Our Member Services and Financial Services Associates have the opportunity to earn additional income through our incentive program which is based on monthly product and loan sales.
- Credit Union Member Benefits: Associates are eligible for membership and will receive: half-off safe deposit boxes, discounted money orders, free box of checks (2x year), free Advantage Checking benefits, and discount fees on domestic and international wire transfers.
- Bonus: Bonuses are paid each year based on the performance of the company.
- Paid Time Off: <Paid Time Off is earned each pay period at a rate based on the Associate's years of service.>
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $29,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Member Relationship Representative|| $62,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Manager|
| 4% Average 401(k)/403b company contribution per employee||97% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Set days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|90 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||91 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|91 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|91 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $50,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked City Credit Union for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Enthusiasm, initiative, service oriented, relevant work experience, ability to multi task.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Contact us via phone, e-mail, Facebook or Linkedin.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Member Services and Financial Services.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website.
| 10 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 4% Job Growth|
| 142 Average applicants per opening|| 850 Total job applicants|
| 7% New hires by employee referrals|| 3% Openings filled by current employees|
| 11% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|