What Employees Say
Management is competent at running the business.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
What They Do
We asked Citrin Cooperman & Co LLP to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Citrin Cooperman enhances the business and personal lives of it's clients by creating a high ratio of partner to client touch points and providing innovative solutions to help our clients succeed. We provide numerous services across all industries.
About this Company
| Website: www.citrincooperman.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: New York, New York|| US Sites: 10|
| Major Locations: White Plains, New York; Livingston, New Jersey; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Braintree, Massachusetts; Providence, Rhode Island; Norwalk, Connecticut; Bethseda, Maryland; Plainview, New York|| US Employees: 670|
| US Revenues: $179 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $205 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 700|| Corporate Structure: Partnership|
| Founded: 1979|
Perks and Programs
We asked Citrin Cooperman & Co LLP to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Citrin Cooperman Cares: This is a one day volunteer opportunity across all Citrin Cooperman offices. The firm is closed on the first Monday in June and all employees choose (from a predetermined list of opportunities) a place to spend volunteering for the day. Citrin Cooperman also provides a monetary donation to each of the predetermined volunteer facilities.
- Wellness Program: Citrin Cooperman's Wellness program fosters employees to make healthy choices. Employees who obtain an annual physical receive a 25% discount off their health insurance premium. There are also various challenges throughout the year (Walking, Maintain Don't Gain, Biggest Loser)
- Summer Fridays: From Memorial Day through Labor Day the firm has 3pm Friday dismissal. One Friday each month is "Jeans with a Twist" where employees who wear jeans contribute $5 to a charity identified by CC.
- Annual Halloween Party: Each office hosts a Halloween party where the employees can come to work in costume. The Managing Partner in each office also dresses in costume and gives an award for the best costume.
- Jeans Fridays: The firms allows employees to wear jeans on Fridays. Each month one of those Fridays is called "Jeans with a Twist" where employees who wear jeans contribute $5 to a specific cause identified by CC.
- Social Committee: Citrin Cooperman formed a Social Committee which is made up of employees from each office. The committee has formed the following clubs (tennis, bowling, softball, soccer, chess). These activities are funded by the firm
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $36,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Administration|| $140,150 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Manager|
| 25% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 6% of an employee's salary|| 31 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
| $5,200 College Tuition Reimbursement|
- Health insurance for retirees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Set days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 4 weeks Paid sabbatical after 6 year(s)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (8% use it)
- Phased retirement planning
- Telecommute option (2% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|50 days Job-protected maternity leave||50 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|50 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||5 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|5 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|50 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents||50 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Offsite subsidized childcare
- Lactation room(s)
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
- On-site or near-site backup childcare center
- Elder care resources
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $400,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $100,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Formal programs support professional development for: Women; Employees reentering the workforce
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Citrin Cooperman & Co LLP for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
At Citrin Cooperman, candidates who will fit well within the company are those individuals who are passionate about what they do and are motiviated to succeed. We seek professionals who are not afraid of hard work and are team players. Our employees must act with the utmost of professionalism and be good communicators.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Citrin Cooperman will be looking to hire entry level and experienced accountants, as well as support staff.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Please visit our website at http://www.citrincooperman.com/Careers to view more information about Citrin Cooperman, our current open positions and how to apply. Candidates can also follow us on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
| 50 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 28% Job Growth|
| 100 Average applicants per opening|| 4,000 Applications received|
| 88 Positions filled in past year|| 30% New hires by employee referrals|
| 103 Jobs filled by current employees|| Yes Recruits on college campuses|
| 23 New graduates hired|| 1% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|