What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
People celebrate special events around here.
What They Do
We asked Citation Clinical Labeling Systems to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Citation Clinical Labeling Systems is a manufacturer and supplier of labels and labeling services to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries for clinical trials. We specialize in manufacturing single/multi panel, booklet labels and the computerization of randomizations and variable text.
About this Company
| Website: www.citlabels.com|| Industry: Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals|
| US Headquarters: Hauppauge, New York, 11788|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 89|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1963|
Perks and Programs
We asked Citation Clinical Labeling Systems to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Flexible Hours: At Citation we offer a flexible work schedule to accommodate employees, parents and students.
- Take home work: At Citation we offer a variety of options to earn extra income.
- Retirement Savings Plan: Citation offers a 401K Retirement Savings Plan.
- Promotion within the organization: We believe that career advancement is rewarding for both the employee and the company. We will promote qualified employees to new or vacated positions whenever possible.
- Free supply of Keurig Coffee and Tea: Citation employees enjoy a free supply of assorted coffee as well as tea.
- Give back to the community: Citation picks 2 Charities to fully invest time in through the year. Raising $10K in the last year for JDRF and Parkinson’s Research. We allow our employees to pick our next charity for the years to come, whether it be a personal association with the cause or merely one that we would like to support. Citation hosts numerous in house events to raise funds as well as allow their employees to branch out and be creative about their ideas to raise money.
- Professional Development: Citation believes in supporting the individual growth of its employees. To encourage employee development, our company offers a professional development reimbursement program to eligible employees who attend job-related seminars.
- Employee Assistance Program: Eligible full-time, part-time regular and part-time employees may participate in our employee assistance program after completing their introductory period. Our BalanceWorks, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Work/Life Benefit help eligible employees and their immediate families with a wide range of problems. Situations addressed buy the EAP include marriage and family problems, emotional problems, alcoholism and alcohol abuse, drug abuse and dependency, financial problems, compulsive gambling and eating disorders. Your conversations and all records are strictly confidential. The administrative cost of this program is fully paid by our company.
- Lactation Breaks: The company will provide a reasonable amount of break time to accommodate a female employee’s need to express breast milk for the employee’s infant. Citation has a dedicated lactation room.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Average 401(k)/403b company contribution per employee||75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 32 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 15 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 7 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 15 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 7 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|8 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||6 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|6 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Childcare reimbursement during business travel
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
Community and Environmental Impact
| $7,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Self-Conducted Environmental impact audit|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Citation Clinical Labeling Systems for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
A perspective employee would have the following skills/traits, multi-tasker, pays attention to detail, an independent thinker and a great cultural fit.
Citation prides itself on the atmosphere and culture they have worked so hard to achieve. A candidate must be a good cultural fit to be part of the Citation Family.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
1. Be on time for their interview.
2. Have copies of their resume ready.
3. Ask questions on their interview.
4. Offer an interesting story, hobby or trait that would set them apart from other candidates.
5. Be polite and respectful about the job they are applying for. (Don't use comments such as "well that seems easy")
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are looking for dynamic and ambitious college educated individuals.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Send a resume and introduction to our Human Resources Department.
| 4 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 41% Job Growth|
| 8 Average applicants per opening|| 50 Total job applicants|
| 10% New hires by employee referrals|| 1% Openings filled by current employees|
| 5 Recent graduates hired|| 8% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|