What Employees Say
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
What They Do
We asked Citadel Federal Credit Union to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
It’s an exciting time at Citadel as we grow our product suite, our employee base, and our geographical footprint. With an 80+ year history, Citadel provides banking, investments, and insurance to 200,000 customers. At over $3 billion in assets, we are one of Greater Philadelphia’s largest locally owned financial institutions.
About this Company
| Website: www.citadelbanking.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Exton, Pennsylvania, 19341|| US Sites: 24|
| US Employees: 466|| US Revenues: $0 million|
| Corporate Structure: Non-Profit|| Founded: 1937|
Perks and Programs
We asked Citadel Federal Credit Union to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Citadel cares about a healthy you! Citadel's wellness program allows employees to take some time out of their busy schedules and focus on their health and well being: Citadel hosts a variety of programs to increase wellness knowledge. Quarterly, Citadel offers free chair massages for employees. Wellness seminars are offered monthly. Some of the topics discussed include desk yoga, ergonomics, mindfulness, nutrition, and financial wellness. Health challenges are held annually, flu shots are provided onsite, and free bio-metric screenings are offered. Fruit is available each day in the lobby for employees to enjoy. Citadel also has a free, 24/7 fitness center in our Corporate Headquarters, as well as, discounts to local gyms throughout our footprint. No matter what time of the day or day of the week, all employees can utilize the facilities at Citadel to stay in shape. As a result of the health challenges several individuals have lost weight and started healthier habits. In our last spring health challenge, 25 participants collectively lost over 115 pounds in 8 weeks.
- Citadel offers a unique employee recognition program known as President’s Council. The President’s Council was established to reward and honor those excelling in Retail by exceeding their goals. Award winners win a weekend trip to New York City or even Disney World: President’s Council Overview: This is awarded annually to retail employees who exceed expectations in their personal goals and achieve 100% on their team goals. Employees who earn this achievement are exemplifying Citadel Class Service Standards on a regular basis and going above and beyond to meet members needs. Employees who earn this award can place the President’s Council logo on their business cards for one year, their accomplishment is also posted in Citadel publications, and they are recognized at the Citadel Awards Banquet. Each honoree will receive a cash award of $1,500, a seat on the President’s Advisory Roundtable for one year, and attend the President’s Celebration with one adult guest. The award winners also go on the trip with the Citadel Senior Leadership team. It is an amazing shared experience!
- Citadel hosts an annual recognition dinner for tenured employees to be recognized for their years of service and dedication to Citadel: Each year, we recognize our employees who have been with Citadel for at least five years. All employees are recognized in increments of five years. Our employees who have reached their five-year anniversary are invited to a lunch, and our employees who reach another five-year anniversary (10 years, 15 years, etc.) are invited to an annual dinner. All of these employees are honored with a service award. There is an announcement posted internally celebrating the award recipients and a brief bio about each individual. It is a great opportunity to learn more about our fellow colleagues and thank them for their dedication and service!
- We take our work seriously, but that doesn't mean we don't have fun! The mission of the EAC is to help Citadel employees enjoy and relax socially: The EAC plans social events and outings each year. This year's events include: bowling, designer bag bingo, a scavenger hunt, summer picnic at Dorney Park, the Escape Room, Painting with a Twist and a holiday party. Most events are free to employees!
- Citadel offers programs and services to help our employees balance their work and personal lives: Citadel offers flexible scheduling options which vary by department according to business needs. Citadel helps employees manage their time by offering dry cleaning pick up and drop off at each of our locations. We offer environmentally friendly car cleaning and detailing services, as well as, oil changes at our Corporate Headquarters. Our corporate café is subsidized by the company, which allows us to offer employees affordable healthy meals, every day.
- We care about our community. Citadel isn't just a business in the community. Our members and employees live and work here too: We take part in a wide variety of community initiatives and programs, and make a difference in a very real way. We host and sponsor community events, make regular financial contributions, and encourage our employees to volunteer for causes that are important to them on company paid time. Our IT department frequently volunteers as a team. They have been on numerous work days with Good Works doing repairs in local homes. They have also participated in volunteer days through the Chester County Food Bank, both prepping food at the main facility and harvesting food at a local farm. Last year a group also participated as Guest Chefs at The Ronald McDonald House which consisted of cooking and serving a dinner meal to the residents. In addition, they regularly collect children’s books at stock the local Little Free Library bins.
- Why work at Citadel? Because Citadel Cares about YOU: Link to video - please visit: https://youtu.be/wrGDtwBQcVY
- Awarding teachers with heart, Citadel recognizes teachers for the great work that they do: Citadel partnered with Chester County Intermediate Unit 17 years ago to create the Citadel Heart of Learning Award. Each year, Citadel receives thousands of nominations to honor local teachers with the nationally recognized Citadel Heart of Learning Award.
Video link: https://youtu.be/e1_ihTIXZpA
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary|| $3,560 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 29 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 17 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 29 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 11 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 22 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 14 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Onsite cafe, onsite fitness center and on occasion fitness classes, chair massages (quarterly), oil butler (onsite oil changes), dry cleaning.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||30 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|58 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 24 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $292,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| $90,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
- Chief Human Resources Officer oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Citadel Federal Credit Union for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
The key characteristics that tell if a prospective employee will be a great fit for our company are customer focus, how they interact with team members, their values, beliefs and behaviors.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees who research the company, network with current employees, and are able to provide detailed examples of how their previous success and capabilities will contribute to our company’s success are the ones that gain our attention.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are focused on hiring candidates who will help drive our digital capabilities, protect the organization from risk and help fuel our growth.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates should research the company and network with current employees to get started.
| 100 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 23% Job Growth|
| 19 Average applicants per opening|| 2,343 Total job applicants|
| 17% New hires by employee referrals|| 39% Openings filled by current employees|
| 15% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|