What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
What They Do
We asked Circle Computer Resources, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
CCR is a technology infrastructure services provider to businesses all over North America, headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. For more than 30 years, we have been committed to supporting our clients’ business goals using practical solutions paired with excellent service.
About this Company
| Website: www.ccr.net|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 52404|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 110|| Worldwide Revenues: $22.1 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1986|
Perks and Programs
We asked Circle Computer Resources, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Around the Circle Updates: Each quarter we gather for a company update because transparency is an important part of our culture. The day starts off with serving free breakfast and several updates from different business functions, team member’s share appreciation for one another and we discuss what is happening with the business. When our meeting is over, we continue the day with Office Olympics. We pair cross functional teams to compete in fun games throughout the day. This builds relationships and allows teams to get to know one another in a different element. A caterer brings in lunch and we end the day with a volunteer Happy Hour. This helps keep us all up to date and on the same page.
- Everyone is a Leader: CCR believes that everyone is a leader, whether you are a leader of self or leader of others, leadership is a continuous journey. Team members are invited to attend training and development programs such as Leadership 101, Leadership Buddy Programs and Leadership Coffee Talks. These programs allow leaders to learn, grow and self-reflect on being better today than they were yesterday. Together, CCR and team members achieve a new level of success and satisfaction.
- Culture: At CCR we deeply care about the well-being of our team members and their families. We work hard to provide a culture rooted in our values and an environment that is rewarding and fun. We are more than a company – we are a family. We get to know one another personally through working on projects or playing a game of ping-pong. We encourage family members to join us for lunch or events such as baseball games, Christmas parties or picnics. Our CCR family grew by 33% last year, but our family culture helps keep us connected.
- Profit Sharing: CCR believes in bringing everyone together with a common goal. The shareholders at CCR share a portion of their profits through a profit sharing program. Distributions are delivered to team members quarterly. This connects team members to the business and drives success for everyone.
- Free Lunch & Coffee: CCR provides a daily healthy lunch free of charge. This well-balanced meal is more than a simple sandwich and includes an entrée and large salad bar that is prepared fresh by a full-time chef. Coffee is available 24/7 for any team member that needs a spark to get them going for the day.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We care about our team members advancing and succeeding in their life professionally. To help with this, CCR provides tuition reimbursement to assist in making it financially reasonable to attend college and advance their skills while fulfilling team member’s professional development goals.
- Flexible Work Schedule: We understand that life happens outside of work hours. We support team members attending doctor/dentist appointments, school programs and other events that are important to them. CCR provides flexibility to our team members.
- Wellness Incentive: Supporting each team member’s commitment to a healthy lifestyle, CCR offers wellness initiatives that inspire success. Team members participating in a health risk assessment and wellness challenges receive a discounted health care plan. A stipend is also offered to any team member who attends a gym ten times a month. This allows individuals to select a physical activity that fits their passions and needs around physical activity.
- Facility: We have a high tech facility with an open floor plan to help team members communicate easier. Our lunch room is set up with round tables to encourage team members to spend time getting to know co-workers.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $64,896 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Technician|| 80% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary|
|80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 21 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 7 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (5% use it)
- Telecommute option (5% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (9% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Free Lunch and Coffee)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||5 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|40 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
|5 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $10,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Renewable energy program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Circle Computer Resources, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Characteristics that stand out in the process of hiring CCR team members include a work history of progressive development along with the following:
A willingness to seek training and learn new things
A history of positive interactions with co-workers and company representatives
Ability to show flexibility in thinking and being open to new ideas
Excellent communication skills
These characteristics are an indication that a work partnership with CCR will be a positive experience and the company, our clients and team member will find success through our shared goals.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
CCR encourages prospective team members to show us their dedication and sincere desire to assist clients, whether internal or external, with goals and challenges. Prospective team members should want to learn about who we are and what we do prior to an interview – read about us online, checkout our digital space. Visit us on social media to see what we’ve been up to and where we’re going. We welcome the curiosity!
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
CCR is a rapidly growing company which means we will have opportunities to add new team members accross the board and will be looking to add positions anywhere from sales and support roles to technicians and developers! If you have a passion for technology and want to be a part of our collaborative, and innovative team we encourage you to apply for one of our current opportunities!
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
If you are interested in joining the team keep your eyes on our current postings and be sure to apply for positions that peak your interest:
A current list of job openings can be viewed at https://ccr.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
| 8 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 41% Job Growth|
| 20 Average applicants per opening|| 993 Total job applicants|
| 18% New hires by employee referrals|| 31% Openings filled by current employees|
| 2 Recent graduates hired|| 4% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|