What Employees Say
People care about each other here.
Management is approachable, easy to talk with.
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
What They Do
We asked CI&T to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We’re change agents who build innovative digital experiences for large enterprises through strategy, design, and development. We’re happiest when we’re solving problems, transforming our clients’ businesses, mastering new technologies and using Lean and Agile to navigate unique challenges.
About this Company
| Website: www.ciandt.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, 19406|| US Sites: 9|
| Major Locations: Princeton, New Jersey, 08540; Oakland, California, 94607|| US Employees: 65|
| Employees Worldwide: 2,500|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1995|
Perks and Programs
We asked CI&T to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Direct Line - Listening to our People: CI&T Direct Line, launched in 2015, is an open channel to the entire CI&T community in which employees can address ANY subject they want and choosing whether or not to identify themselves. Identified messages are handled directly, and the employee always receives a return on it. In anonymous cases, monthly reports are released with the main points raised and actions are addressed. There is a committee made up of the CEO, CFO, VP of HR and Operations, the entire HR management and a team of senior managers who discuss the major actions resulting from this channel, helping to think of solutions. This channel provides employees with an additional option to share their experience in a direct and meaningful way.
- Lean Leadership Center - Our Inspiration: The mission of the Lean Leadership Center is to really prepare people to be recognized as leaders who generate inspiration through their actions on the day-to-day, promoting a solid background for the teams being able to deliver their best, and guiding people to find their potential to achieve the best business performance. There is a practitioner course that provides guidance to develop skills on SMARTER Goals, Values, Mission, Gains and Losses, SWOT, Roadmap, Pyramid of Success, Time Management, Beliefs, and the “Wheel of Life”. Now, there is a training program where leaders participate in live training. The program brings out true self-awareness through the practice of coaching techniques.
- Happy Feet Program - Mobility: Our internal recruitment program is called Happy Feet based on the movie. We want employees to be satisfied with what they do and deliver and so the possibility of internal change exists so that everyone can find the work they most identify with. We believe that all our employees are potential candidates for vacancies. As our CEO says, "I want you to continue to grow with us!" And, we are transparent too! With the exception of confidential items, we disclose all opportunities on the Happy Feet portal. Through this process, we offer employees the possibility of changing cities, work in international projects to experience another culture, change roles, or change technology.
- Capacity - Internal Hiring: Since 2013, Capacity is a program at CI&T that assists departments during moments in a shift of demand. This program is a really important support channel to reallocate our employees based on demand. This program aims to radically optimize the profile match of employees with the business challenges CI&T faces. All people in the company who are not allocated or will soon be ramped down, enter the process to search for new opportunities. The Capacity team (inside People Operations) analyzes the situation, searches for internal positions, and talks with the manager and employee. They always look for the best match. This process highlights the culture at CI&T to show genuine concern to accommodate the changes that occur in our business and our industry.
- Give me a Break! - Our Time to Relax: Work is challenging! "Give Me a Break!" encourages employees to seek a balance between personal and professional life, breaking their routine by setting up a team activity among themselves. This program creates a greater integration between co-workers, facilitating a healthy environment and promoting the development of professional skills such as teamwork, creativity, footwork, agility, concentration (skills vary according to activity). Thus, CI&T encourages sports, cultural and leisure activities in a group setting. It's a time to relax and build relationships within a team.
- End of Year Party - Our Celebration: At CI&T, the End of Year Party is the most anticipated event for everyone! It is a moment where we celebrate and integrate for the past year and reward our employees It is a real moment for mass recognition. The party takes place in December. In 2017, all of the employees and their families were flown to San Francisco for a weekend to partake in group activities and then to a celebration where the employees’ families also attended. This is a great time to get everyone together from all of the locations to one central place, recognize our accomplishments, celebrate each other and enjoy the moment!
- Ask Me Anything - Our Voice: As the name suggests, it is a moment for employees to ask senior executives any questions. They can ask about business, hobbies, sports, family, etc. It is the moment to get a pulse on what is happening at that moment while focusing what is on the mind of our senior leaders. It is based on transparency in sharing all results (sales, revenues, costs, margins, etc.), according to the goals set at the beginning of the year. At this session, anyone can ask questions, give suggestions, making it a two-way street.
- People Development - Developing People before Software: The People Development Process is a revolutionary process in the knowledge industry! It was created with the goal of bringing a dynamic to people development through a rhythmic model. It is structured, disciplined and focused on the learning process, which allows the leverage of coaching practices and generates value through a clearer link between the business operation and development of people. This process promotes alignment among all managers for the career development of each employee. With it, we have: 1. A more effective reception of new employees. 2. Development plans that are better prepared and followed. 3. More opportunities and recognition with more agility. 4. More effective performance assessments. 5. Accelerated growth for our employees.
- Ambassadors - Sharing Our Culture: An Ambassador is someone who admires and lives CI&T’s culture each day. They commit to the goals by speaking effortlessly about CI&T to others, primarily to the public. The program recognizes employees who seek opportunities to speak or who have been invited to speak about a topic or share their story with the public. The employee receives a package for business expenses and a representative from the People Operations team is assigned to support the employee, so they can focus on performing brilliantly and demonstrate CI&T’s culture.
- Anniversaries and Recognition - Celebrating Dedication: In addition to recognizing performance, we also have gratitude for the partnership and dedication of people over the years. As radical as it may sound, we believe it is very cool to stay with the same company! Our average tenure for employees is 8 years and for management, it is 12 years. Every five years of completed service, the employee will receive a trophy, a special gift and more paid vacation time (between 23-33 days). For birthdays, they receive an email congratulating them on their special day and thanking them for their dedication over the years. We publicize each person's birthday and invite employees to congratulate them too! And, we sent care packages to people's homes for their birthdays to recognize how special this is for them.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Set days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Sick Paid time off|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (80% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (paid parking, coffee/tea, filtered water, sparkling water machine, beer/wine, ping pong, snacks, cable TV, lunch, games, bicycle area.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||5 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|5 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||60 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees; Disabled employees; Speakers of English as a second language
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked CI&T for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Do you love to collaborate with others in a creative, technically challenging environment supporting clients on their digital journeys? Do you walk the walk? Share feedback? Experiment? Innovate? Then you'd be a great fit at CI&T!
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Check us out at ciandt.com, follow us on FB (CI&T USA), Twitter (twitter.com/ciandt) and Linkedin (linkedin.com/company/ciandt/), email us at email@example.com...introduce yourself to us and let's start a conversation!
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Yes! We'd love to connect with digital designers, operations leaders, marketing gurus, cloud engineers, and marketing or operations interns!
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Apply for our nationwide career openings on linkedin.com/company/ciandt/