What Employees Say
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
This is a fun place to work.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked ChowNow to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
ChowNow is revolutionizing the way people order directly from their favorite restaurants. Utilizing the latest mobile, social and web technologies, ChowNow is building the most advanced platform for restaurants to grow their to-go business and compete with national chains.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.chownow.com/|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Los Angeles, California, 90094|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 127|| Employees Worldwide: 2|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2012|
Perks and Programs
We asked ChowNow to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- ChowNow Affinitiy Clubs: ChowNow sponsors and supports employee-generated affinity clubs with space, technology, and funding to allow employees to gather around interests. This program not only allows employees to connect around personal interests but helps to highlight the diversity of our team and create bonds outside of job titles. Popular clubs include RunNow (a running-themed event), ClimbNow (a rock-climbing club), DineNow (a dinner and food event club), WineNow (a wine tasting and education club), ReadNow (a book club), BowWowNow (a dog owner/fan club), ChillNow (a meditation group).
- ChowNow Cares: We adopt a non-profit and provide resources, time, and support. Our current partner is LA Kitchen and we volunteer quarterly at their headquarters. We also provide company sponsored post-volunteer lunch outing with employees and their guests.
- ChowNow Student Loan Repayment: We have partnered with Tuition.IO to provide employees with student loan repayment including signing a letter to Congress pushing for the legislature to make this an untaxed benefit. To date, we have contributed nearly $30k to our pay down student loan debt for our employees which has reduced their debt load (including interest) over $46k.
- ChowNow Women in Tech: We host, sponsor, and lead a quarterly event aimed at raising the profile of women in tech. In the past, we held events with organizations like Women Who Hack. During these events, our team presents and shares best practices for creating a positive and rewarding work experience for women in tech.
- ChowNow Speaker Series: Every quarter we host a speaker at our corporate office to educate and share information with our team. Recent speakers have included restaurant owners, Tech company founders, non-profit leaders, and industry leaders.
- ChowNow Ramp Camp: We have taken the idea of New Hire Orientation and enhanced it into a full 90-day immersion program aimed at helping people learn about the organization, make connections with other departments and group, and create a cohort with their new hire class that extends beyond their first day.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $94,225 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Territory Manager||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||30 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|45 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||30 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||14 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)||30 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $1,500 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Head of People and Culture is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked ChowNow for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Curiosity: A true curiosity for our industry as well as your own expertise - how do you stay up to date on trends and continuous learning in your field.
“Above and beyond” traits - how you have accelerated your career, education, hobby, passion and have a compelling story of your journey
Coachability: Great candidates don’t just have the capacity to do the job; they also prove they’re willing to be coached so they can get better at it.
“Startup mentality”: Candidates who show that they’re willing to hustle, collaborate with others, and find a way to move the needle. Be prepared to speak to how you quickly adapt and evolve with change.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Tell us why ChowNow! Our team is invested in our culture, our product, and delighting our customers and we get excited when candidates show the same enthusiasm!
Demonstrate values that align with ChowNow. Take clues from the job ad and be prepared to speak to personal examples of characteristics in your cover letter and in all interview stages.
Do your research. This is a crowded space and we are doing something unique that our clients and customers can get behind. We are not about recreating the wheel, we are re-inventing the wheel. Be prepared to speak to how we differentiate.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Software Engineers (Backend and Frontend) with experience building web applications and e-commerce platforms
Product team (Product Managers and Designers)
SaaS Sales professionals, Customer Service professionals
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Follow us on LinkedIn - We keep all of our openings up-to-date here.
Check out what our employees have to say about us on Glassdoor.
Connect with our Recruiting Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
| 100 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 26% Job Growth|
| 100 Average applicants per opening|| 5,514 Total job applicants|
| 11% New hires by employee referrals|| 30% Openings filled by current employees|
| 9 Recent graduates hired|| 29% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 36% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|