What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
Management is competent at running the business.
What They Do
We asked Choozle to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Choozle is the world’s leading self-service programmatic media platform: Digital Marketing Made Easy™. Choozle provides a platform that leverages detailed consumer data to power real-time programmatic campaigns across display, mobile, social and video mediums - all from a single, simple interface.
About this Company
| Website: www.choozle.com|| Industry: Advertising & Marketing|
| US Headquarters: Denver, Colorado, 80205|| US Sites: 5|
| Major Locations: New York City, New York; San Francisco, California; Los Angeles, California; St. Louis, Missouri|| US Employees: 50|
| US Revenues: $9.0 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $9.0 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 50|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2012|
Perks and Programs
We asked Choozle to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Quarterly Happy Hour: Each quarter Choozle sponsors a happy hour for all employees to get together and have a good time outside of the office!
- Quarterly Volunteer Day: Each quarter Choozle employees get together to work with a local nonprofit and spend the day volunteering. In the past, we have served at the Denver Rescue Mission and painted for the Good Samaritan House.
- Monthly Team Lunch: Each month Choozle caters a lunch for employees to welcome new employees or just for fun!
- Monthly Birthday Treats: Each month Choozle brings in a special treat for the whole team to celebrate employee birthdays during that month.
- Quarterly Education Stipend: Every quarter Choozle employees are giving $250 to spend towards education. This can include anything from glass blowing to cooking classes, a zoo pass, music lessons, or industry courses.
- Health & Wellness Stipend: Every month Choozle employees are giving $130 to spend towards their health and wellness. Employees can use it towards a gym membership, massage therapy, or other health related expenses.
- Pets in the Office: All Choozle employees are allowed to bring their pets into the office as long as they are under voice command!
- Conference Program: Each employee is given the choice to attend one conference per year in their field and have Choozle pay for it.
- Transportation: Choozle employees are given free parking, a bike tune-up, or bus pass to help with their transportation needs.
- Bi-Yearly Choozle Summits: Choozle hosts two summits every year in Breckenridge, CO to bring the entire Choozle team together and learn what the other departments are doing. This summit also includes dinners, karaoke, and one free day with $140 for Choozle employees to use towards an activity of their choosing (ie golf, massage, horseback riding, skiing, etc.).
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $93,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Developer||90% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for All)|
| 70% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for All)|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 14 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 7 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 14 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (100% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (food/beverages, quarterly massage)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|30 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||30 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|10 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||10 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
|10 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $50,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Manager of Talent & Acquistion Leads environmental impact team|
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Manager of Talent & Operations is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- 4 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Choozle for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Do they encompass our core values?
Do they seem eager to learn and hard working?
Are they willing to try new things and be flexible?
We feel like we can teach people a skill but we can't teach them the aptitude and hunger to learn.
We look for those who are a "culture add". Can they contribute to diversifying the way we think?
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Research Choozle ahead of time. Form thoughtful questions throughout the interview. Have a basic understanding of what we do and our industry. See if our core values match theirs.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Sales across the U.S., Client Experience, and Ad Operations. These candidates should be those that fit the "culture add" profile.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Check out our careers page!
| 11 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 79% Job Growth|
| 20 Average applicants per opening|| 400 Total job applicants|
| 10% New hires by employee referrals|| 2 Recent graduates hired|
| 3% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|