What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People celebrate special events around here.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
What They Do
We asked Choice Payroll Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Choice Payroll provides a cloud-based single database solution to manage HR, Payroll, Benefits, Time,and Compliance. Our mission is to connect people through technology for a better workplace.
About this Company
| Website: www.choicepayroll.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Alpharetta, Georgia|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Greenville, South Carolina|| US Employees: 19|
| US Revenues: $2.5 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $2.5 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2004|
Perks and Programs
We asked Choice Payroll Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks: Choice Payroll provides a great selection of snacks and drinks (including coffees, teas, sodas) for all employees. We also have a couple flavors of beer on tap for company happy hours that we have occassionally.
- Great wellness program: The company provides a new Fitbit to all employees on their hire date. We also have an annual vitality check done by a nurse for checking cholesterol, glucose, height to weight ratio and blood pressure. Those that participate in the vitality check get to share in the discount offered by the insurance company. We also have ongoing Fitbit challenges that break the company into teams and we take turns designing the challenge and awards.
- Walking Treadmill Desk: We have a walking treadmill desk setup that employees can sign up to use to allow them to work and walk and add steps for the ongoing Fitbit challenges. We are also investing currently into sit-stand desks.
- Fun company outings: We have different fun outings that are designed to bring people together outside of work. Some recent examples are TopGolf outing, morning mountain hike followed by catered breakfast, in office nerf gun wars, annual Christmas party and many others.
- Birthday celebrations: We celebrate everyone's birthday in our great team lounge and have the employee's favorite dessert, card, funny music, and balloons.
- Dress up days: We love to celebrate halloween in the office by dressing up and we have occassional other dress up days such as pajama day, favority college/nfl team day,etc.
- Catered lunch/breakfasts monthly: We cater a breakfast or lunch about once a month. Sometimes the sales team comes in and cooks for the rest of the company.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $44,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Payroll Specialist|| $55,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for HCM Specialist|
| 100% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 3% of an employee's salary||100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 50% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
- Stock options to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- Free breakfast foods on a regular, daily basis
- Free beverages during the day
- On-site package/mailing service
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Phased retirement planning
- Telecommute option (25% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||10 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|30 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents||30 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Cholesterol tests
- Fitness center (at all locations)
- Blood pressure screening
- Subsidized offsite gym memberships
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| 16 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $3,500 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- CEO is accountable to formal diversity goals for employee recruitment and retention
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Choice Payroll Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Key characteristics that tell us whether a prospective employee will be a great fit for our company are confirmed during the interview process. We have a core value assessment that everyone takes that shows alignment with our six core values that we fiercely protect. Prospective employees also take the Achiever test. These show important characteristics such as motivation, resourcefullness, being a team player among others. The right fit for our team would be someone who believes in a high culture and high performance organization. We always put our families first, we value our clients greatly and we work to help our teammates. Our core values are:
1. Deliver Wow to our customers, vendors and each other
2. Addicted to Accuracy
3. Own It!
4. Attitude of Gratitude
5. Lead and Embrace Innovation
6. Have a Little Fun
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees can research our company and core values and let us know how they are aligned with those to get our attention.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are always looking for great people who are motivated, resourceful and care about people. We are currently hiring sales executives, benefit specialists and client success representatives but will always find a position for a great fit!
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates can look through our website to find out more about us and can also submit resumes there or through our ongoing positions posted on Indeed.com.
| 8 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 27% Job Growth|
| 52 Average applicants per opening|| 208 Applications received|
| 3 Positions filled in past year|| 50% New hires by employee referrals|
| 3 New positions created|| 1 New graduates hired|
| 14% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|