What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
You can count on people to cooperate.
What They Do
We asked cg42 to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
cg42 is a boutique management consulting firm that specializes in competitive strategy. We help companies in the technology, telecommunications, financial services, and consumer services improve their competitive position and drive market share gains.
About this Company
| Website: www.cg42.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: New York, New York|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Wilton, Connecticut|| US Employees: 11|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2010|
Perks and Programs
We asked cg42 to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Educational Opportunities: We believe in continually investing in our people to help them build lifelong skills by giving them the means to pursue educational courses they are passionate about. As part of their compensation, all employees are allocated a tuition allowance to fund educational opportunities that appeal to them. This tuition fund is entirely self-directed, empowering cg42 employees to build their career expertise as they wish.
- Celebrating Our Employees and Their Families: The nature of consulting means frequent travel and occasional long nights, which translates to time away from loved ones. To honor the sacrifices made by our employees’ families, we devote our annual holiday party to thanking them for giving up time with their loved ones. A founding principle of cg42 was the idea of taking care of the whole person, including the people who are important to them. Beyond the holiday party, we celebrate our employees by hosting a summer party that allows the team to let loose. This year, we rented a boat and sailed around Manhattan; to liven the mood, everyone dressed up as pirates. Not only did everyone have a great time, but an NYPD boat even asked to take photos!
- Family Leave: We firmly believe in the idea that family leave is critical to getting families off to a great start. The birth or adoption of a child is a life-changing experience, and we feel it’s important to give our employees the freedom to enjoy it.
- Firm Anniversaries: Beyond celebrating the typical holidays and birthdays, we treat anniversaries at the firm like each employee’s firm birthday, and it has always been an important part of how we reward the team for their contributions.
- Giving Back: We are grateful for what we’ve achieved professionally and this has naturally translated into a philanthropic culture. Beyond traditional corporate giving to causes that are close to our hearts, our entrepreneurial culture influences our charitable endeavors. Last winter, an employee had a wonderful idea to collect spare change in order to buy scarves, gloves, and hats for the team to bring to a local homeless shelter. Without hesitation, the entire firm participated. Over time, the initiative was dubbed “Change Gloves” to match our name. To demonstrate our support, the firm made a contribution of more than double of what was collected. It was heartwarming to see everyone passionate about this mission, which began organically with one employee’s idea based on a cause meaningful to her.
- Employee Flexibility: From the onset, cg42 was designed to be more flexible than the average firm, because we believe that our best assets are our brilliant, creative people. And if our people aren’t fully engaged at work for any reason, we risk doing a disservice to our clients. When an employee loses a loved one, for example, we encourage him/her to take off as much time as needed. Our team always steps in to cover without hesitation. We pride ourselves on hiring people who are bright and resourceful. We expect our employees to exercise sound judgment and simply be adults. From day one, we have treated our employees like the talented, motivated adults that they are, and we’ve never encountered an employee issue as a result.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 5% of an employee's salary||50% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free lunch on a regular, daily basis
- Free breakfast foods on a regular, daily basis
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 15 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 4 weeks Paid sabbatical after 5 year(s)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (100% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|60 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
|60 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $10,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- 'Managing Partner' is accountable to formal diversity goals for employee recruitment and retention
- Formal programs support professional development for: Women
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked cg42 for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
cg42 offers the opportunity to grow and excel in a vibrant, results-oriented, and entrepreneurial environment. Our consultants are passionate and inquisitive, consistently developing new and inventive intellectual capital to solve tomorrow’s competitve challenges. We seek people with intelligence, integrity, and deep industry expertise.
| 4 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 83% Job Growth|
| 40 Average applicants per opening|| 200 Applications received|
| 5 Positions filled in past year|| 90% New hires by employee referrals|
| 3 New positions created|