What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People celebrate special events around here.
Management is competent at running the business.
What They Do
We asked CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
CBL is one of the largest and most active owners of malls and shopping centers in the United States. CBL owns, holds interests in or manages 123 properties, including 80 regional malls/open-air centers, located in 27 states.
About this Company
| Website: cblproperties.com|| Industry: Construction & Real Estate|
| US Headquarters: Chattanooga, Tennessee, 37421|| US Sites: 80|
| US Employees: 681|| US Revenues: $1,028.3 million|
| Worldwide Revenues: $1,028.3 million|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Stock Symbol: CBL|| Founded: 1978|
Perks and Programs
We asked CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- CBL Social, Culture and Fit Committees: Positive engagement for Teamwork, Social Responsibility and Personal Health. Examples include Food Truck Day, College Colors Day, Red Nose Day, Halloween Costumes, Mardi Gras celebration, Monthly fitness challenges, 5K events, etc. Every Friday is jeans day and employees donate $5 that goes towards giving back to the local community (Food Bank, Homelessness, Intercity education, Girls/Boys Club, etc).
- Know More Training: Know More Training offers courses to all new CBL team members introducing available tools, technology and information sources to start employee's success with CBL.
- People: CBL attracts and retains great people. The most appealing factors that drive employees to work for CBL include Career Growth, Reputation, Pay and Benefits. Employees state that the best part about their job are co-workers, their direct manager and their job duties. 91% of current employees would recommend CBL to family and friends.
- Innovative Work Space: CBL has redesigned our work space to encourage creativity and collaboration. For example, in our Operation Services, Legal Collections and Marketing departments, we have open offices and work areas that encourage the free flow of ideas. CBL also has an Innovation Lounge for informal meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Diversity: CBL realizes the need for a diverse workplace. We are constantly looking at our employee demographics to increase hiring and retention of Veterans and minorities. We look for new resources to diversify our applicant pool. Our workforce is 60% female.
- Career Growth: CBL promotes from within and encourages open communication between employees and their supervisors for opportunities for advancement and career growth. We offer tuition reimbursement and encourage employees to hold business related certifications and support this by offering reimbursement for continuing education.
- Major Events and Conventions: CBL attends more than 40 ICSC conventions each year including our largest convention in Las Vegas held in May. For over 20 years, each June, CBL hosts "Connection", a 3-day retailer deal-making and golf event hosting more than 130 retailers from across the country.
- CBL Leadership Conference: CBL hosts a Leadership Conference biennially, bringing in our mall teams from all over the country. This allows employees to receive the latest training in mall management and leasing while connecting with their coworkers. We recognize the outstanding accomplishments by the mall teams with a red carpet awards ceremony at the conclusion of the conference.
- Giving back to United Way: Since 1978, CBL has been a strong supporter of the United Way. The company believes we have a responsibility in giving back to the community where we live and work. CBL employees raised over $130,000 in 2016 for the United Way.
- Internal Communication: CBL is committed to keeping our employees informed through a variety of internal communication channels. Recently we implemented Yammer, our internal social networking platform. Our CEO/President deploys regular updates via Town Hall meetings and quarterly update videos.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 5% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 2% of salary||90% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| $5,250 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $50,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|