What Employees Say
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
I can be myself around here.
I feel I make a difference here.
People celebrate special events around here.
What They Do
We asked Casey's Pond to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Casey's Pond is a senior living community located in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. We are a Life Care community providing a range of residential options, services and amenities. We offer Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing living options.
About this Company
| Website: www.caseyspond.org|| Industry: Aging Services|
| US Headquarters: Steamboat Springs, Colorado, 80487|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 161|| US Revenues: $11 million|
| Corporate Structure: Non-Profit|| Founded: 2013|
Perks and Programs
We asked Casey's Pond to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Eden In Action Awards: As an Eden Alternative community, Casey's Pond recognizes those staff who show leadership, excellence and personalized care. Employees nominate their peers who exhibit these qualities and go above an beyond in their care on a daily basis. Two staff are selected each month from the pool of nominees. Each winner is awarded a $75 gift card that is redeemable at over 180 businesses in the community.
- Staff Appreciation: From Nurses Week to Staff Appreciation Week, Casey's Pond is always looking for a reason to celebrate the staff. This year, all Nurses received gifts ranging from personalized coffee tumblers to stress relieving meditation classes. For Staff Appreciation Week, Casey's Pond sponsored onsite yoga and tuning fork therapy. Additionally, fruit carts were available for every shift, breakfast burritos were prepared and served for the morning shift and a taco bar was available for the night shift. The finale of the week was a '50s themed Sock Hop with Residents, staff and children from the local Montesorri school.
- Referral and Sign On Bonuses: Casey's Pond believes our employees know who would be the best staff to hire. We currently have referral and sign on bonuses for our clinical staff. Referral bonuses range from $400 - $800 depending on role and we offer sign on bonuses of $1200 for licensed staff (RN and LPN). We are currently evaluating the cost of living and commuting in our mountain communities and researching the impact of increasing these bonuses to remain competitive.
- Free Meals with Residents: Our Residents have a story to tell and our staff want to hear it! When a staff member chooses to dine with a resident, they are provided a free meal. Casey's Pond feels this encourages the bond between Resident and Care Partner and strengthens relationships with our Elders. The Eden Alternative vision is to eliminate loneliness, helplessness and boredom among our Elders. Eating with our Residents give staff a tangible opportunity to alleviate these three plagues of suffering Elders may experience.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Casey's Pond firmly believes in the educational advancement of our staff. We have implemented a tuition reimbursement program and incremental salary increase program for any staff member that chooses to further themselves in the healthcare field. Our current program reimburses each eligible employee up to $1500 per calendar year.
- Recreational Benefits: Casey's Pond is located in the western corner of Colorado. We are in a world class ski town and the number three summer tourist destination in the United States. Increasing activity and movement for all employees is a key goal of Casey's Pond. We offer payroll advances of $800 for seasonal ski passes and $250 for summer golf passes. Additionally, we are in the process of implementing both onsite recreational classes and discount passes for activities in the multiple communities in which our staff resides.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $30,160 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Certified Nurse Assistant|| 2% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 100% of salary|
|80% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Staff who are wellness eligible with employee only coverage)|| 30% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for Staff who are wellness eligible with ee + spouse coverage)|
| $1,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 22 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 11 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (11% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Discounted food at onsite restaurant
Free meal if eating with resident
Stretch and movement classes (starting June 2018)
Punching/kickboxing room (starting June 2018)
Access to resident events (onsite concerts, scenic drives, sock hops, games, etc.))
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|90 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||65 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|90 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||90 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Yes Recycling program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- HR Director oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Employees reentering the workforce
How to Get Hired
We asked Casey's Pond for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
A prospective employee who would be a good fit will exhibit a nurturing nature. They will be energetic and have a passion for geriatric care. A big plus for any candidate is experience with community service and a history of volunteering. Finally, the most successful prospective employee will have done their research on our organization and understand our mission, vision and values.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Our main focus will be on nurses. It is difficult to attract clinical staff who specialize in geriatric care in our tight labor market. We are focused on candidates that bring compassion, energy and new ideas that can be implemented to improve the lives of our Residents. In addition to our tuition reimbursement program, we are implementing a student loan forgiveness benefit in fall of 2018. With our existing referral and sign-on bonuses, this will round out our plan to attract and retain new clinical staff.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates should go to our website at www.caseyspond.org. It is full of information about our organization and what we offer our Residents. There are also links to information on the Eden Alternative. As this philosophy drives our culture, it is important to understand the principles before applying. We are rolling out a new Careers website in the summer of 2018. Our benefits programs and other incentives will be outlined on this site as well as the ability to apply online directly to the hiring manager of the position.
| 40% New hires by employee referrals|| 38% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|