What Employees Say
I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Management is competent at running the business.
What They Do
We asked Caring Nurses, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We will transform the home healthcare experience through a culture of quality, safety and innovation and be recognized by employees, physicians, patients and the community as the best place to work, the best place to practice medicine and the best place to receive care.
About this Company
| Website: caringnurses.com|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: Las Vegas, Nevada, 89120|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: Las Vegas, Nevada, 89120|| US Employees: 103|
| US Revenues: $9 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $9 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1994|
Perks and Programs
We asked Caring Nurses, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Monthly Outings: Caring Nurses will put on monthly social events for employees such as ceramics and paint nights and cater food.
- Bring Dogs to Work: Caring Nurses allows employees to bring their friendly dogs to work everyday. It makes the office a happier place.
- Life Insurance: Caring Nurses gives each full time employee a company paid life insurance policy up to $25,000.
- Vision Insurance: Caring Nurses pays 100% of the insurance premium for employees for vision insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership: All employees who work a minimum of 1000 hours a year qualify for our employee stock ownership program. We had a nurse two years ago retire after 18 years with over a half of a million dollars in stock!
- 401K Matching and Profit Sharing: All qualified employees receive 4% matching and a portion of profits deposited into their 401K account.
- Physicals: All employees are able to get their yearly physicals on site as well as their TB tests at no charge.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $65,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Office Staff|| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary|
|75% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Full Time Office Staff)|| 50% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 25 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 13 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 4 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||14 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|70 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $3,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Renewable energy program|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Caring Nurses, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
A prospective employee understands what it is like working in the home health industry. It can be long hours but it is worth the investment in the company in the end. Future employees are friendly, outgoing, compassionate and have a demonstrated work ethic. Potential employees have a team mentality.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees can visit our office or fill out an application online.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are mainly focused on hiring registered nurses.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates should visit our website and apply online.
| 10 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 6% Job Growth|
| 5 Average applicants per opening|| 50 Total job applicants|
| 25% New hires by employee referrals|| 4 Recent graduates hired|