What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People celebrate special events around here.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
You can count on people to cooperate.
What They Do
We asked Capco to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We're a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry, combining innovative thinking with first-hand industry knowledge to offer clients consulting expertise, complex technology and package integration, and managed services to move their organizations forward.
About this Company
| Website: www.capco.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: New York, New York, 10005|| US Sites: 5|
| Major Locations: Chicago, Illinois, 60606; Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20004; Dallas, Texas, 75001; Houston, Texas, 77010; New York, New York, 10005; Orlando, Florida, 32810|| US Employees: 815|
| US Revenues: $209.9 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $529.4 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 3,400|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1998|
Perks and Programs
We asked Capco to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- New Parent Perks: Capco provides generous leave policies for new parents including 18 weeks of paid maternity for mothers and 4 weeks of paid paternity leave for fathers. In addition, all new parents receive a gift of $750 to celebrate the arrival of their baby. Adopting a child? No problem! Capco also provides up to $10,000 in adoption assistance and 16 weeks of paid leave for the primary caregiver.
- Education Assistance Program: Capco offers employees an opportunity to participate in their education assistance program to support external training and professional development needs. Participating employees receive up to $10,000 of tuition reimbursement per year for approved courses, and up to $5,000 in continuing education development including professional, job-related certifications, memberships and conferences.
- Health and Wellness Program: Capco supports a healthy work environment and the wellness of its people, offering benefits such as reimbursed gym memberships, in-house sports activities, and wellness days in the office. Employees are reimbursed up to $50 per month on a fitness or wellness activity of their choice which can go towards a gym membership or a fitness class or a massage therapy or the citibike program. There is also a professional health coach who provides free services to employees including nutrition and exercise advice virtually and on-site at different offices.
- Generous Leave Policies: Capco's leaders understand the importance of allowing employees to take vacation and attend to their health and personal matters when needed. As a result, the company offers generous vacation allowances for all employees (from 17 to 27 paid days of vacation depending on level). In addition, Capco provides unlimited sick days for employees to rest and recuperate when they are not feeling well. If an employee needs to attend to a personal matter, there are various leave options available including compassionate leave, unpaid leave, and up to 10 days of paid bereavement leave if a close family member passes away.
- Corporate Responsibility Program: Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is an important program at Capco, and employees are encouraged to participate in the CSR initiatives they are passionate about. Capco offers 8 hours of paid volunteer time to employees for philanthropic activities and contributes to the charities and causes that are near and dear to their hearts. Capco has a corporate donation matching program, offering a 50% match of employee donations up to $1,000 towards eligible charities. The company sponsors employees for marathons including walks, runs, and bike rides to support various charity groups. Capco also supports fundraisers and campaigns throughout the year to give back to the community.
- Awards Program: Capco is a true meritocracy. Our leaders believe that hard work, dedication and passion should always be recognized, rewarded and celebrated. We have half yearly Talent Awards program where we reward people for being great mentors and business go-getters, solid delivery, problem solving skills and demonstration of team spirit. Apart from Talent Awards, we have spot awards where the leadership nominates employees on an ad-hoc basis for going above and beyond. We also have thank you badges on our internal website that facilitates informal peer to peer recognition.Informal recognition is also common through emails, team meetings, leadership blogs, team lunches/events and promotion celebrations.
- Capco Celebrates: We celebrate several events including Black History Month, International Women's Day, Capco appreciation day, Pride week and host lunches with colleagues in the office and the client sites
- Capco-fun: Capco organizes annual ski trips and golf outings, several small team lunches, picnics, networking events, partner road shows, promotion dinners and drinks for people to encourage team spirit and camaraderie. We organize quarterly townhalls at all the office locations where the CEO shares updates on successes, gaps, people stats, new and enhanced programs and goals. These townhalls are not only informative but are a lot of fun as they are held at exciting venues like yachts, rooftops and hotels.
- Milestone schools: Milestone Schools are a 3 day offsite that prepare each recent promote for the next step in their career. With a practice on soft and interpersonal skills, each milestone school is designed to help participants reach beyond their comfort zone and harness their strengths to recognize behaviors that promote leadership, communication and teaming. This program also seeks to celebrate their achievement of promotion in a social environment outside the office. The expected outcome is an employee who is equip with the tools to be an engaging and inspiring employee.
- Coaching Excellence Program: Capco has a coaching excellence program that has a strong focus on the training, recognition and celebration of coaches. It aims to develop a stronger coaching culture that supports the capabilities and careers of our people
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 6% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 3% of salary||78% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 78% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| $10,000 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 31 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (40% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (40% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Food: Breakfast, fresh fruits, soda, tea, juice, coffee
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|90 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||90 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|20 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||$10,000 Adoption benefit|
|90 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- On-site or near-site backup childcare center
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $45,260 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- HR Director is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees
- 5 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Capco for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We always look for two key factors when interviewing a candidate. The first characteristic is the creative, innovative, open-minded, “no task is too big or too small” mentality. We want to hire candidates who have shown leadership experience in the past and who can elaborate on situations where they have needed to think outside of the box to solve a problem. The second characteristic that is imperative to succeeding at Capco is the ability to self-reflect and use constructive criticism as a springboard for success, as opposed to a hindrance to development.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Send us an updated resume detailing your change management and management consulting experience. Showing the diverse projects that you have been a part of will also help along with how you have been entrepreneurial in the past.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Digital candidates from digital strategy to digital technology
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website- www.Capco.com!
| 250 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 3% Job Growth|
| 13 Average applicants per opening|| 1,550 Total job applicants|
| 26% New hires by employee referrals|| 15% Openings filled by current employees|
| 59 Recent graduates hired|| 19% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|