What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
What They Do
We asked Capco to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We're a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry, combining innovative thinking with first-hand industry knowledge to offer clients consulting expertise, complex technology and package integration, and managed services to move their organizations forward.
About this Company
| Website: www.capco.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: New York, New York|| US Sites: 5|
| Major Locations: Washington DC, District of Columbia; Chicago, Illinois|| US Employees: 747|
| Employees Worldwide: 2,805|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Stock Symbol: FIS|| Founded: 1998|
Perks and Programs
We asked Capco to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- New Parent Perks: Capco provides generous leave policies for new parents including 18 weeks of paid maternity for mothers and 4 weeks of paid paternity leave for fathers. In addition, all new parents receive a gift of $750 to celebrate the arrival of their baby. Adopting a child? No problem! Capco also provides up to $10,000 in adoption assistance and 16 weeks of paid leave for the primary caregiver.
- Education Assistance Program: Capco offers employees an opportunity to participate in their education assistance program to support external training and professional development needs. Participating employees receive up to $10,000 of tuition reimbursement per year for approved courses, and up to $5,000 in continuing education development including professional, job-related certifications, memberships and conferences.
- Health and Wellness Program: Capco supports a healthy work environment and the wellness of its people, offering benefits such as reimbursed gym memberships, in-house sports activities, and wellness days in the office. Employees are reimbursed up to $50 per month on a fitness or wellness activity of their choice which can go towards a gym membership or a fitness class or a massage therapy or the citibike program. There is also a professional health coach who provides free services to employees including nutrition and exercise advice virtually and on-site at different offices.
- Generous Leave Policies: Capco's leaders understand the importance of allowing employees to take vacation and attend to their health and personal matters when needed. As a result, the company offers generous vacation allowances for all employees (from 17 to 27 paid days of vacation depending on level). In addition, Capco provides unlimited sick days for employees to rest and recuperate when they are not feeling well. If an employee needs to attend to a personal matter, there are various leave options available including compassionate leave, unpaid leave, and up to 10 days of paid bereavement leave if a close family member passes away.
- Corporate Responsibility Program: Corporate Responsibility (CR) is an important program at Capco, and employees are encouraged to participate in the CR initiatives they are passionate about. Capco offers 8 hours of paid volunteer time to employees for philanthropic activities and contributes to the charities and causes that are near and dear to their hearts. Capco has a corporate donation matching program, offering a 50% match of employee donations up to $1,000 towards eligible charities. The company sponsors employees for marathons including walks, runs, and bike rides to support various charity groups. Capco also supports fundraisers and campaigns throughout the year to give back to the community.
- Awards Program: Capco has: -Spot awards program (nominations from PC/Manager level above for anyone below Partner, recipients receive a $150 American Express gift card) -Thank you badges (free peer-to-peer recognition sent via CapinTouch, our internal social media page, visible on an employee’s CiT profile with a notification sent to their coach) -Talent awards program to recognize and celebrate high performing individuals and teams (These awards are for all levels and the winners receive a $300 Amex gift card and a souvenir. Apart from the material rewards, winners also go out for lunches/coffee with partners to celebrate and their achievements are recognized at town halls
- Capco Celebrates: Black History Month, International Women's Day, Capco appreciation day and host lunches with colleagues in the office and the client sites to honor Capco' spirit and appreciate its people
- Capco-fun: Capco organizes annual ski trips and golf outings, several small team lunches, picnics, get-togethers, partner road shows, promotion dinners and drinks for its people to encourage team spirit and camaraderie
- Townhalls: Capco organizes quarterly townhalls at all the office locations where the CEO shares updates on what we did well, what could have been better, people stats, programs and future goals. These townhalls are not only informative but are a lot of fun as they are held at exciting venues like yachts, rooftops and hotels
- Coaching Excellence Program: Capco has a coaching excellence program that has a strong focus on the education , recognition and celebration of coaches. It aims to develop a stronger coaching culture that supports the capability and careers of our people
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 50% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 6% of an employee's salary||78% Company-paid health coverage for employees (N/A)|
| 78% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (N/A)|| $10,000 College Tuition Reimbursement|
- Stock options to employees
- Restricted stock units to employees
- Pre-tax savings account
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Long-term care insurance to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- On-site package/mailing service
- Discount ticket sales
- Dry cleaning
- Free beverages during the day
- Massage therapy
- Fitness classes
- Personal travel service
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 31 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (40% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|90 days Job-protected maternity leave||90 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|90 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||20 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|20 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||15 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|$10,000 Adoption benefit||90 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
|90 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- On-site or near-site backup childcare center
- Elder care resources
- Lactation room(s)
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Subsidized offsite gym memberships
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $250,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- 'HC Director' is accountable to formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Formal programs support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees
- 1 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Capco for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
The key characteristics we look for in prospective employees are initiative, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion to drive change.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Interested candidates can visit www.capco.com/careers and apply to one of our open job postings.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Our hiring demands change throughout the year so it's best to check our website at www.capco.com/careers to learn more about our current openings. We typically look for Change Management Consultants, Data Architects, Technical Architects, Business Analysts/Project Managers, and Solutions Architects.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website at www.capco.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about us!
| 270 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 2% Job Growth|
| 6 Average applicants per opening|| 1,550 Applications received|
| 195 Positions filled in past year|| 30% New hires by employee referrals|
| 96 New positions created|| 65 Jobs filled by current employees|
| Yes Recruits on college campuses|| 65 New graduates hired|
| 19% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|