What Employees Say
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Management is competent at running the business.
People care about each other here.
Management is approachable, easy to talk with.
What They Do
We asked Campus Life and Style to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We provide a fresh approach to student housing. One that drives productivity through people-centered management processes. The innovative design of our living spaces is complemented by our employees’ dedication to customer service.
About this Company
| Website: www.clsliving.com|| Industry: Construction & Real Estate|
| US Headquarters: Austin, Texas, 78735|| US Sites: 25|
| US Employees: 281|| US Revenues: $92 million|
| Worldwide Revenues: $92 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2016|
Perks and Programs
We asked Campus Life and Style to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- CLS Project Assist: Project Assist is the Campus Life and Style charity committee. This program gives employees the opportunity to give back to their community by volunteering and also provides monetary assistance for employees in need. CLS partakes in charities such as Habitat for Humanity and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Culture Committee : The Campus Life and Style Culture Committee is a group of employees from both the corporate and on-site level. The committee members range from Part-Time Leasing Professionals to Senior Level Executives. The group meets each quarter to set goals and to collaborate on ways to enhance culture.
- CLS Times: The CLS Times is the companies quarterly newsletter. The publication focuses on highlighting, acknowledging and rewarding the on-site staff. Copies are mailed to each employee individually and they include company news, property highlights, staff spotlights, human interest pieces, and more.
- Legacy Conference: The annual Legacy Conference is a conference for Maintenance Supervisors and General Managers. They are flown to a location and spend a week learning about new company initiatives and enjoying seminars put on by the CLS and Vesper Holdings corporate staff. The week is all paid for and includes dinners, entertainment and team events where everyone has the ability to mingle and get to know one another.
- Legacy Awards Dinner: The Legacy Awards Dinner is a yearly awards ceremony where we honor 5 different employees from our company. There are 5 categories ranging from "Outstanding Fiscal and Administrative Performance" to "Outstanding Facilities Program." Each category has 4 nominees and then one winner is chosen. This is a formal event held on the last night of the Legacy Conference. The honorees are presented with a selection of over-the-top, grand gifts (a trip to London for Wimbledon, attending the CMA Awards in Nashville, New York Fashion Week, and more) along with an award that they can proudly display in their office.
- Mentorship Program: The CLS Mentorship Program has a goal of providing support to new General Managers and Maintenance Supervisors within Campus Life & Style. This program was designed to assist these new managers in getting the best possible start at their respective properties. Once starting their new position, each General Manager or Maintenance Supervisor is assigned a mentor. They are given the opportunity to visit their mentor's property to see firsthand the CLS standards and how to operate in excellence from a managerial standpoint. The goal is to immerse our new leaders into our culture and to give them additional resources in the field.
- EXCELeration: EXCELeration is a conference held twice a year in Austin, Texas. One conference focuses on potential General Managers and the other focuses on potential Maintenance Supervisors. Employees are nominated to attend these conferences based on their performance at their current properties. These are the best and brightest in the company and they have the potential to become a leader within the next year. We host these conferences to teach them about the roles they'll be vying for and to help prepare them for a possible promotion.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 15 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 15 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness
- Onsite Amenities (Quarterly Events and
Free Breakfast on Friday)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|84 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) |
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees; Disabled employees
How to Get Hired
We asked Campus Life and Style for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
When we're looking to hire a new employee, one of the biggest attributes we look for is a positive attitude along with a willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done. We also look for someone with excellent communication skills and a person who has the aspiration to grow within the company.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We will be looking for both on-site and corporate employees as we continue to grow.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Check out our defining principles and potential available positions at www.clsliving.com
| 25 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 50% Job Growth|
| 5 Average applicants per opening|| 100 Total job applicants|
| 5% New hires by employee referrals|| 85% Openings filled by current employees|
| 15 Recent graduates hired|