What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
What They Do
We asked Bosch to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to create solutions for a connected life, and to improve quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life.”
About this Company
| Website: www.bosch.us|| Industry: Manufacturing & Production|
| US Headquarters: Farmington Hills, Michigan, 48331|| US Sites: 70|
| Major Locations: Palo Alto, California; Mount Prospect, Illinois; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Charleston, South Carolina; Anderson, South Carolina; Chicago, Illinois; Plymouth, Michigan; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Fairport, New York; Charlotte, North Carolina|| US Employees: 14,690|
| US Revenues: $13,700 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $80,900 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 390,000|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1886|
Perks and Programs
We asked Bosch to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Giving Back: Giving back is in our DNA. Robert Bosch, our company founder, made sure of this in our unique ownership structure – 92% of our company is owned by a not-for-profit foundation. Following in our founder’s footsteps, Bosch associates are encouraged to give back to the community through programs like Bosch Builds. Bosch Builds is a volunteer program in which associates can volunteer with any of our Bosch Builds partners – including FIRST Robotics, A World in Motion (AWIM) and Habitat for Humanity – and are provided up to 8 working hours annually to do so.
- Innovation Framework: We believe everyone can innovate. The Innovation Framework is a platform open to all associates to actively develop their innovation ideas into investable opportunities. It’s an internal innovation accelerator, which empowers, supports and funds self-organizing teams in advancing new business ideas. At all levels of the organization, Bosch empowers associates to champion promising ideas.
- Tuition Reimbursement: To enable our associates to continue their education, Bosch offers up to $8,500 per calendar year in tuition reimbursement.
- Associate recognition: Our associates go above and beyond every day. Across our many locations we have programs to recognize these efforts in both monetary and non-monetary ways. For example, the “Way to Go” awards program allows managers to provide quick, monetary recognition to associates who go the extra mile.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Business Resource Groups: We are committed to providing a positive and motivating atmosphere where associates can feel comfortable to bring their whole self to work. Bosch practices inclusive leadership behaviors and supports the growth of business resource groups (BRGs), which help us achieve our business goals. BRGs are created and led by associates who want to enhance our corporate culture and contribute to the success of the organization. Our current BRGs include: Women@Bosch, Hispanics@Bosch, African Ancestry@Bosch, Generations@Bosch, Interfaith@Bosch, Veterans@Bosch, Asians@Bosch and LGBT@Bosch.
- Flexible Work Options: In our global business environment, flexibility is valued. That is why Bosch promotes many aspects of work-life fit, including flexible scheduling and telecommuting. We foster a work culture in which you can be authentic – with your personal career plans, lifestyle and private goals. For purposes of workplace flexibility, Bosch supports: telecommuting; part-time or reduced schedule; job sharing; flexible hours.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 75% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 9% of salary||87% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 85% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 86% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|| $8,500 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 23 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 12 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (60% use it)
- Telecommute option (60% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness
- Medical facilities (at some locations)
- Onsite Amenities (onsite cafeteria, wellness program, weight watchers, dry cleaning, gardening, free parking)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||35 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $10,000,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Director, Environmental, Health and Safety Leads environmental impact team|
| Self-Conducted Environmental impact audit|| Yes Recycling program|
- Regional Diversity & Inclusion Lead is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees
- 5 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
| 51 Average applicants per opening|| 140,817 Total job applicants|
| 32% Openings filled by current employees|