What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management is competent at running the business.
People celebrate special events around here.
What They Do
We asked Blackberry Farm, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We create one-of-a-kind experiences for guests. A luxury food, wine, and wellness destination, we make a GREAT day for our guests through gracious hospitality, remarkable stories, exceptional quality, authentic connections, and thoughtful details.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.blackberryfarm.com/|| Industry: Hospitality|
| US Headquarters: Walland, Tennessee, 37886|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Walland, Tennessee, 37886; Maryville, Tennessee, 37806|| US Employees: 568|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1990|
Perks and Programs
We asked Blackberry Farm, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- World Travel Opportunities: As a member of Relais & Châteaux, our team is encouraged to visit and experience hospitality at other Relais & Châteaux properties. Our team members are eligible for reimbursement on a 2 night stay at a Relais & Châteaux or comparable property on an annual basis. In addition, team members receive discounts with participating Relais & Châteaux properties.
- Blackberry University: Integrate, grow, and lead are three tracks to help our team members be their best. The integrate track includes orientation, department and position specific training along with a course on how to provide legendary service and hospitality within their first 30 days. The grow track allows team members to develop within their department through training and certifications. The lead track is designed to identify and develop leaders. Team members can be nominated or self-select to participate in Leadership Blackberry, a 6 month program designed to identify leaders, focuses on self-awareness, team building, interpersonal skills, personal finance skills, and company performance metrics. Also, in our grow track is 5 core modules focusing on leadership effectiveness.
- Property Perks: From an overnight stay to quarterly dining benefits where you can bring friends and family to experience the legendary 5-star service and hospitality, we want our team members to know our property because they have experienced it. Team Members also have access to Fly Fishing, Spa Services, Hiking Trails, Horseback Riding, Group Wellness Classes, Clay Course Shooting Range, Paint Ball, and Archery. Our team members receive a discount on retail merchandise offered throughout the property.
- 5 Star Card Program: Team Members who go above and beyond the call of duty and exceed our guest’s expectations receive a 5 star card to be redeemed for various rewards. Team Members can redeem for gift cards and property perks such as dinner, spa services, and overnight stays.
- Blackberry Fit: The Blackberry Fit program supports our value of health and wellness. The Blackberry Fit team meets monthly to discuss future activities and initiatives to help team members live well. Calendars are developed and published monthly. Various activities are led monthly by team members or leaders who want to share their passion. Activities vary monthly and have included hiking, kickball, cycling, running, walking, yoga, and softball. Articles are provided weekly to help team members in their wellness journey. Team members receive 50% reimbursement for entrance fees on races and competitions.
- Quarterly Manager Meetings: Quarterly all supervisors and above meet to discuss company updates and performance, celebrate team member success, and learn effective management techniques through engaging podcasts, case studies, and group discussion. The cross department interaction and transparency about company performance help the team pull together to grow together and keep focused on team performance and company goals.
- Anniversary Award: Blackberry Farm believes that recognizing team members for tenure is an excellent way to show our team members we value and appreciate their dedication and contribution. We award team members with a cash amount based on tenure at 2, 5, and 10 years. Also, all employees are recognized at their annual mark through monthly communication.
- Team Member Awards: Monthly & Quarterly awards to recognize individual team members for quality, hard work, performance, and attitude allow any team member to nominate another team member. All team members vote to select the winner from the nominees. Recipients receive their award from senior leaders and receive a $50 credit to use towards gift shop merchandise or property amenities. They also can take up to four team members to lunch.
- Team Member Celebrations: We love to celebrate our team members and have fun in the process with a company sponsored event every quarter. Two times a year departments pick an outing of their choice to get away from work. From glass blowing to bowling, team members enjoy getting to know their team while doing something fun. We also love to celebrate the season and the year as a team at a lavish holiday gathering. For our summer outing, we enjoy meeting the team member’s family at a picnic on-site. Full of food and fun, it’s a great way for family members to experience the exclusiveness of our property.
- Innovation Forum: We believe some of the best ideas come from our team members. Monthly the President meets with a small group of team members to pose a question about the guest experience and solicit feedback on improvement or innovation. The team is different each month and allows team members to learn more about the President.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary||51% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Employee Only In-Network)|
| 35% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for Family In-Network)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 20 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 7 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|80 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||10 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|52 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||80 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|80 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)||10 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Yes Recycling program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Blackberry Farm, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for attitude, passion, and work ethic when searching for Southern Hospitality Heros.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
A genuine passion for hospitality and love of the property gets our attention every time.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are always looking for Southern Hospitality Heros to add to our remarkable housekeeping, guest services, and food and beverage team.
In February of 2019, we are opening a new adventure and wellness destination. In addition to our Southern Hospitality Heros we are looking for activity and adventure minded team members.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
We love hearing from interested candidates both local and out-of state. We promote from within so if you don't see your ideal position, consider applying for an entry level position. Visit our careers website at http://www.blackberryfarm.com/careers/opportunities ,contact us at 865-273-8579, or stop by our corporate office at 108 W Church St., Maryville, TN 37807.
| 110 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 15% Job Growth|
| 7 Average applicants per opening|| 3,408 Total job applicants|
| 26% New hires by employee referrals|| 6% Openings filled by current employees|
| 15 Recent graduates hired|| 42% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 60% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|