What Employees Say
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is competent at running the business.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
What They Do
We asked BH Management Services, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We acquire, improve and manage apartment communities. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.bhmanagement.com|| Industry: Real Estate|
| US Headquarters: Des Moines, Iowa, 50309|| US Sites: 220|
| Major Locations: Dallas, Texas, 75287; Houston, Texas, 77096; Orlando, Florida, 32812; Tampa, Florida, 33614; Atlanta, Georgia, 30346; Des Moines, Iowa, 50315; Chicago, Illinois, 60563; Lafayette, Louisiana, 70508; Charlotte, North Carolina, 28213; Richmond, Virginia, 23225|| US Employees: 2,084|
| US Revenues: $500 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $500 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1993|
Perks and Programs
We asked BH Management Services, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Three weeks PTO - Year 1: Employees are allowed 120 hours PTO in the first year of employment.
- 120 Hour PTO Roll-Over: Up to 120 hours are eligible for PTO rollover each year.
- 401K Match - After 90 Days: BH matches 1/2 of 4% after 90 days of employment.
- Roll-Over Flexible Spending Balance: Flexible spending account does not have to be used in full and a portion can be rolled over into the next year.
- Paid Birthday Time-Off: BH gives employees their birthday off, paid.
- Birthday Lunches: BH buys employees lunch for their birthday.
- BH Cares Hours: BH offers 8 hours of paid time available for volunteering at charitable cause.
- Healthcare Benefits - After 30 Days: Healthcare benefits start after 30 days of employment.
- Quarterly Employee Recognition and Team Building Events: Employees are paid for attendance at quarterly recognition and team building events. These events have included, state fairs, professional sporting events, karaoke nights, movies, massages, go-karts, laser tag, putt-putt golf, Top Golf, bowling etc.
- Flexible Spending - Child Care: Allocated flexible spending account specifically for child care
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 2% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary||83% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 83% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 29 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 15 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 29 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
| 15 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (15% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (20% have access)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|50 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||40 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|50 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||20 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|50 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked BH Management Services, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
BH Management looks for upbeat individuals who have a positive attitude and a genuine personality. Experience is not a necessity for many of our positions, as we have a very fulfilling and in-depth training program. In our more seasoned positions we look for the same personality traits along with financial and management experience.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
BH is a progressive company that looks for leadership oriented job-seekers. Individuals who are enthusiastic and personable help foster our winning environment. BH embraces applicants who portray humble and kind ambition.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
BH is actively seeking employees that are driven by their innate passion for our industry.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
It would be our pleasure to review your resume. Please submit at http://bhmanagement.com/careers.
| 1,200 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 23% Job Growth|
| 3 Average applicants per opening|| 5,642 Total job applicants|
| 5% New hires by employee referrals|| 10% Openings filled by current employees|
| 3 Recent graduates hired|| 33% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|