What Employees Say
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
This is a fun place to work.
Management hires people who fit in well here.
What They Do
We asked Best Version Media to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Best Version Media is an international publishing company that specializes in superior quality, community-oriented magazines that are delivered monthly to specifically targeted subdivisions, communities, and villages. Our publications help build close-knit communities and give business owners a unique advertising experience.
About this Company
| Website: www.bestversionmedia.com|| Industry: Advertising & Marketing|
| US Headquarters: Brookfield, Wisconsin, 53008|| US Employees: 99|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2007|
Perks and Programs
We asked Best Version Media to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Unlimited Vacation Time: Best Version Media allows employees to take as much PTO as they need to recharge and spend time with family, as long as they meet deadlines and produce results. This open vacation policy starts right away and is open to all full-time employees, regardless of tenure and includes PTO for holidays and unlimited sick days.
- Schedule Flexibility: Best Version Media has a flexible scheduling program that allows employees to come to work anywhere in a 2-hour time period in the morning and leave during a similar 2-hour period at the end of the day. Employees are also given the option to work from home from time to time.
- On Site Fitness Center: Best Version Media cares about each employee’s health and well-being. The corporate headquarters has an on-site fitness center to make it easier for employees to avoid the commute of driving to a gym before or after work hours. In addition, each employee is given the option to enroll in a fitness program that will assist them in achieving their health and fitness goals through daily personalized menus, exercise plans complete with instructional workout videos, meal plans, recipes and a shopping list. The program scores employees and allows employees to compete with their peers, if they choose to do so.
- Collaborative Work Spaces: After recently moving to a new corporate headquarters, Best Version Media gave employees the ability to have input on the design of their office spaces. The new office environment reflects the culture at Best Version Media by allowing employees to collaborate with the use of multiple office spaces where people can meet up and work together. This includes the CEO’s office, which has sofas and tables that employees are free to occupy if the space is not being used. In addition, there are areas where team members can go to interact with one another during the day, such as a coffee bar and lunch café.
- Family-First Culture: Best Version Media hosts employee events that are family-friendly. Some events that the company has participated in include Milwaukee Brewer’s games, Harlem Globetrotters basketball games, Milwaukee Wave soccer games, as well as holiday dinners. Best Version Media designs customized t-shirts for all employees and their families that attend sporting events, as well as complimentary food tickets. Each event also includes activities for kids, such as meet and greet with the athletes.
- Monthly Office Potlucks: Best Version Media has monthly themed potlucks, which have included a Father’s Day Cook-out, World Cup-International Food Fair, State Fair Food, and Chips and Dip just to name a few. The kitchen also supplies a fridge full of drinks, a variety of snacks, as well as a coffee bar.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $44,978 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Design|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Vacation Paid time off|| Unlimited Sick Paid time off|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (5% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Food, and fitness center.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||5 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|45 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|5 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
|5 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Best Version Media for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
When hiring, Best Version Media looks for an employee that will fit into our company culture and who strive to become the best version of themselves. Our culture is built on three pillars: professional will, a compassionate heart, and a fun-loving spirit that is all centered on humility. In addition to the relevent skills needed for the postion, BVM seeks employees who make each day their best by using their unique talents, owning and learning from mistakes, having commitment to all that they do, and finding joy in working with customers and team members.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Please visit our website at www.bestversionmedia.com if you are interested in learning more about our company or job opportunities. To get started, click on the ‘work with us’ tab to fill out an application.
| 31% New hires by employee referrals|