What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked Best Version Media to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Best Version Media is an international publishing company that specializes in superior quality, community-oriented magazines that are delivered monthly to specifically targeted subdivisions, communities, and villages. Our publications help build close-knit communities and give business owners a unique advertising campaign experience.
About this Company
| Website: www.bestversionmedia.com|| Industry: Advertising & Marketing|
| US Headquarters: Brookfield, Wisconsin|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2007|
Perks and Programs
We asked Best Version Media to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Unlimited Vacation Time: Best Version Media allows employees to take as much PTO as they need to recharge and spend time with family, as long as they meet deadlines and produce results. This open vacation policy starts right away and is open to all full-time employees, regardless of tenure and includes PTO for holidays and unlimited sick days.
- Schedule Flexibility: Best Version Media has a flexible scheduling program that allows employees to come to work anywhere in a 2-hour time period in the morning and leave during a similar 2-hour period at the end of the day. Employees are also given the option to work from home from time to time.
- On Site Fitness Center: Best Version Media cares about each employee’s health and well-being. The corporate headquarters has an on-site fitness center to make it easier for employees to avoid the commute of driving to a gym before or after work hours. In addition, each employee is given the option to enroll in a fitness program that will assist them in achieving their health and fitness goals through daily personalized menus, exercise plans complete with instructional workout videos, meal plans, recipes and a shopping list. The program scores employees and allows employees to compete with their peers, if they choose to do so.
- Collaborative Work Spaces: After recently moving to a new corporate headquarters, Best Version Media gave employees the ability to have input on the design of their office spaces. The new office environment reflects the culture at Best Version Media by allowing employees to collaborate with the use of multiple office spaces where people can meet up and work together. This includes the CEO’s office, which has sofas and tables that employees are free to occupy if the space is not being used. In addition, there are areas where team members can go to interact with one another during the day, such as a coffee bar and lunch café.
- Family-First Culture: Best Version Media hosts employee events that are family-friendly. Some events that the company has participated in include Milwaukee Brewer’s games, Harlem Globetrotters basketball games, Milwaukee Wave soccer games, as well as holiday dinners. Best Version Media designs customized t-shirts for all employees and their families that attend sporting events, as well as complimentary food tickets. Each event also includes activities for kids, such as meet and greet with the athletes.
- Monthly Office Potlucks: Best Version Media has monthly themed potlucks, which have included a Father’s Day Cook-out, World Cup-International Food Fair, State Fair Food, and Chips and Dip just to name a few. The kitchen also supplies a fridge full of drinks, a variety of snacks, as well as a coffee bar.
- Employee Recognition: During weekly team meetings, Best Version Media recognizes employees that have an upcoming birthday with personalized birthday cards signed by the office, along with a gift card to a local restaurant. They also recognize work anniversaries with gifts such as flowers or a favorite drink. They also created a “warm and fuzzy award” that is given to an employee who has gone above and beyond their ordinary day-to-day tasks.
- Charity Events: Best Version Media takes part in local charity events, including regular visits to a food pantry and donations to toy drives where the company matches all donations. Each year, BVM hosts an annual award during their strategic leadership conferences called the Oasis Award, which is an award given to a family in need to go on vacation and recharge.
- Spring Car Cleaning Service: Every spring, Best Version Media uses a local car cleaning service that comes directly to the company's parking lot to detail the inside of employees' cars. Employees are given the option to sign up for the service, free of charge!
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 6 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 2 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (5% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|35 days Job-protected maternity leave||5 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|5 days Job-protected paternity leave||5 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|35 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents||5 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Dental care
- Mental health care
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Fitness center (only at headquarters)
How to Get Hired
We asked Best Version Media for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We are looking for prospective employees that will fit into our company culture. The culture focuses on providing an environment where employees can become the best version of themselves. Therefore, the work environment focuses on employees making each day their best, using their unique talents, owning and learning from mistakes, having commitment to all that they do, and finding joy in working with customers and team members. We support our culture by looking for a prospective employee with a professional will, a compassionate heart, and a fun-loving spirit.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Best Version Media has opportunities available all across North America as a Publisher or Media Sales/Account Executive. We provide expert training and a turnkey publishing opportunity; therefore, no prior sales or publishing experience is required. Best Version Media is looking for candidates who are willing to work hard to become the best version of themselves.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Please visit our website at www.bestversionmedia.com if you are interested in learning more about our company or job opportunities. To get started, click on the ‘work with us’ tab to fill out an application.
Follow Best Version Media