What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
What They Do
We asked Bentley Motors, Inc. (BENTLEY MOTORS, INC.) to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Bentley Motors designs, produces and markets the most sought after luxury cars in the world. Bentley Motors, Inc. is the subsidiary responsible for brand development, marketing and sales in the Americas, including North American and Latin American countries.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.bentleymotors.com/|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: Reston, Virginia, 20191|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 41|| US Revenues: $564.9 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1919|
Perks and Programs
We asked Bentley Motors, Inc. (BENTLEY MOTORS, INC.) to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Vehicle Lease Program: All employees are eligible to lease company vehicles (Volkswagens and Audis) at a discounted rate through our Corporate Vehicles Services department. The discounted lease price includes cost of the vehicle (a percentage of MSRP), title, registration, taxes, and insurance. Employees can trade in their vehicles for a different model every 6-8 months.
- Holiday Shutdown: Bentley corporate operations are closed from December 24-Janary 1, to observe a holiday shutdown. Employees receive paid holiday benefits for that time. If employees are not eligible to take those days off, they receive holiday days to use at other times during the year.
- Life of a Car Lunch & Learns: Bentley employees have access to a host of Employee Resource Groups through Volkswagen Group of America. For example, The Young Professionals ERG hosts several sessions per year, where employees can come to learn about the full life cycle of a car. Topics include design, production, logistics, sales, and service, and aim to cover the full spectrum of the car, from conception to resale. Lunch is always served, and the sessions are filmed so offsite employees can watch.
- Product Experiences: Bentley participates in the Volkswagen Group of America company picnic, which includes the display of products across brands within the Group at our Headquarters. Typically, they'll bring in new cars or motorcycles, and allow employees to sit in them, take pictures with them, sometimes drive them, and learn about the new features from brand representatives. These events are accompanied by snacks and giveaways.
- Beneplace Website: Bentley has access to Volkswagen Group of America’s robust Beneplace site, which includes perks and discounts for employees to use at other companies. Discounted items include vacation packages, electronics, flowers, moving services, and grocery, amongst others.
- Discounted Tickets: Due to VWGoA’s partnership with the Kennedy Center, employees are eligible for discounted performance tickets, including, but not limited to, theater, opera, and dance.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 29 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Sick Paid time off|
| 29 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness
- Onsite Amenities (Free coffee/tea and gourmet coffee selections, free seltzer and still flavored water; vending machine; onsite cafeteria)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| 1 LEED certified building(s)|
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|| Yes Renewable energy program|
| Yes Recycling program|
How to Get Hired
We asked Bentley Motors, Inc. (BENTLEY MOTORS, INC.) for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Prospective employees should have a passion for the Bentley brand, as well as the desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Collaboration and communication skills are very important. Our employees work cross-functionally on projects and many times will need to interact with colleagues overseas in Europe. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are also highly regarded within the organization. High performing employees are adept at using analytical skills to turn complicated data into palatable insights for a wider audience and staying on top of the ever changing landscape and deadlines by mastering problem solving to be one step ahead. Employees are encouraged to develop and implement new and innovative ideas. A prospective employee must be willing to challenge the status quo with fact/research backed ideas to drive progress. Internal drive and commitment to excellence are pre-requisites for success at Bentley.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We receive a number of highly qualified applicants for our roles, often hundreds of applications. Always make sure to tailor your resume to the specific position you are applying for and any other application materials. Showing enthusiasm for our brand, products and industry in your cover letter also helps. Proactively making connections via LinkedIn or industry networking is another way to get noticed. We value internal referrals and have a program to compensate employees for successful hires.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our career site at http://www.volkswagengroupofamerica.com/careers/careers-at-volkswagen. From there you can search our open jobs, apply to positions and set up a job search agent to get notified once a new position fitting the criteria you entered is posted to the careers website. Your resume will be reviewed by the Talent Acquisition team and a representative may reach out to you directly for additional information. Candidates will be notified as to whether they are selected to interview. Please be aware that the review and selection process may take 4-6 weeks. Candidates can follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest Bentley news and updates.
Follow Bentley Motors, Inc. (BENTLEY MOTORS, INC.)