What Employees Say
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
I feel I make a difference here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
People celebrate special events around here.
What They Do
We asked Benchmark Senior Living to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
As a leading provider of independent living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and short-stay programs, Benchmark takes pride in deeply understanding people, meeting them where they are and connecting them to what's meaningful and possible at every stage of life.
About this Company
| Industry: Aging Services|| US Headquarters: Waltham, Massachusetts, 02451|
| US Sites: 56|| US Employees: 6,086|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1997|
Perks and Programs
We asked Benchmark Senior Living to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Virgin Pulse: Wellness program which offers discounts on medical premiums by tracking steps and healthy habits
- Service Champions: once a month each Benchmark community chooses its top service champion. The winners receive a ribbon and pin to wear on their nametag, a gold Service Champion uniform shirt and a $100-dollar gift check.
- One Company Fund: Nonprofit organization created by Benchmark executives and funded by Benchmark associates as well as external donors' for the sole purpose of providing emergency cash assistance to associates and their families during times of unpredictable hardship. The application process is anonymous and associates can receive grants up to $10,000.
- Gratitude Grams: official “thank you” cards given by an associate to a coworker who has gone above and beyond. The winner of the monthly drawing in each community receives a gift up to $50 in value.
- Summer Fridays: Home Office associates can adjust their weekly schedules in order to have Fridays off during the summer months
- Thank You Thursday: Every third Thursday of the month, all staff on all shifts are provided a free meal served by the management team
- Gala Awards: Benchmark's annual Gala to celebrate and honor the work of our amazing staff
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|90% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for 8.4%)|
How to Get Hired
We asked Benchmark Senior Living for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Regardless of the role at Benchmark, we hire first for heart and culture fit, and then train for excellence. Our associates must be qualified to do the work but it is just as critical that they embody our values: Called to Care, Better Together and Be the Benchmark. If you are Called to Care, you are passionate about connecting with people and enjoy working for purpose driven organizations who care for and about others. Someone who values the unique perspectives of others, appreciates a team challenge, and believes we are Better Together than apart, is a welcome addition to Benchmark. And our associates must place a high value on excellence, always striving to be even better than we are today, so that we can truly Be the Benchmark by which all others are measured.