What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
Management shows a sincere interest in me as a person, not just an employee.
What They Do
We asked Baldwin Aviation Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Baldwin Aviation provides a cloud based platform to meet and exceed industry standards by managing, monitoring and mitigating risk for transport operations (commercial, non-commercial, Fixed Base Operations, etc.) while supporting clients with credentialed and experienced safety professionals.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.baldwinaviation.com|| Industry: Transportation|
| US Headquarters: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, 29926|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 12|| US Revenues: $0 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2004|
Perks and Programs
We asked Baldwin Aviation Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Baldwin Bucks: We provide our technology department members "Fun Money" each to buy "wish list" items that aren't necessarily required to do the job but have a cool factor to them.
- Holiday "Soft" Closing: So that our on-site employees have time to visit family over the holidays, we "soft" close the office for all employees between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day - meaning that we ask our employees to address urgent client needs but to hold off on projects and other work so that they can enjoy friends and family during the holiday time.
- Paid Lunch: Most companies' work day is 8 hours of work plus lunch time. Baldwin's work day is 8 hours including a lunch break - in essence a 7 1/4 hour work day.
- Baby Diapers: Our gift to our employees is a six month diaper subscription :-)
- Stand-up Desks: Onsite and off
- Flex Hours: All employees are able to adjust their hours to meet their family and health needs, as needed
- Child Sick Days: Kids get sick so we provide two days a year of PTO to take care of them!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $45,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Analyst|| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 3% of salary|
| $1,500 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 20 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 5 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (25% use it)
- Telecommute option (40% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (Food, Monthly luncheons, meditation)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||15 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|15 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||15 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)||15 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
Community and Environmental Impact
| $5,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Self-Conducted Environmental impact audit|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Baldwin Aviation Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Team player, curiosity, experience with dealing with challenges, customer-oriented, a bit of weirdness, sense of humor, thinking outside of the box, self-motivated.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Carefuly read and accuractly respond to job posting, write short and well constructed letter of introduction, share what the prospective employee can bring to our company and how one can make a difference.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Intermediate Technology Developer - Ruby on Rails
Aviation safety professional to support our clients
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Understand transportation industries (aviation and ground) with a special focus on aviation. Learn as much as one can about our company through our website and independent research.
| 2 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 9% Job Growth|
| 30 Average applicants per opening|| 30 Total job applicants|
| 10% New hires by employee referrals|| 2% Openings filled by current employees|
| 1 Recent graduates hired|| 10% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|