What Employees Say
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
Management is competent at running the business.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Baker Tilly is a nationally recognized full-service accounting and advisory firm with specialized professionals who connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight.
About this Company
| Website: www.bakertilly.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, 60601|| US Sites: 31|
| Major Locations: Detroit, Michigan; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Cherry Hill, New Jersey; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Washington DC, District of Columbia; Madison, Wisconsin; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; New York City, New York|| US Employees: 2,819|
| US Revenues: $546 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $546 million|
| Corporate Structure: Partnership|| Founded: 1931|
Perks and Programs
We asked Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- GROW: Baker Tilly’s Growth and Retention of Women (GROW) program is a foundational element of our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging. GROW is a key part of our continuing commitment to cultural initiatives that make Baker Tilly a more dynamic, collaborative and innovative firm. Multi-faceted GROW events include book clubs, healthy lifestyle networking events, golf lesson outings, Lean In sponsorship and educational opportunities.
- SOAR: Launched in 2015, Supporting Opportunity, Advancement, and Recognition for all (SOAR) encourages and supports the evolution of a diverse, inclusive workforce with opportunity for all team members to maximize their potential, create value and deliver on our promise of Exceptional Client Service with focuses on race and ethnicity and LGBT groups. Activities include but are not limited to: national and local partnerships with diverse organizations, educational opportunities to promote diversity, cultural awareness events and pot lucks and much more.
- Stewardship Day: This annual event brings the entire firm together on one day to spend time in our communities doing volunteer activities organized at every location. 2018 was our third Stewardship Day and it's quickly becoming the most anticipated day of the year.
- End of Season and Holiday Celebrations: Just one example: Picture the end of a busy season and everyone getting together to celebrate the hard work and many successes of the teams. Each office brings its own flavor to these celebrations, which often include dinner and drinks with entertainment.
- Spot Bonus Program: These are monetary performance bonuses given "on the spot" for outstanding achievement. Team members are rewarded with $500-$5000 to say thanks for an exceptional job.
- True Blue Recognition: True Blue recognizes performance that may not be spot bonus worthy, but still provides an example of excellence. These awards range from $50-$500 and come in the form of an e-card with a gift card selection. Many team members print the cards and post them on their boards to show pride in the recognition.
- Flexibility: Through strong communication efforts our firm recognizes flexibility as a Top 10 contributor to our career value proposition. Baker Tilly’s culture promotes individual needs related to this important aspect of working. At Baker Tilly, performance is key, not the where or when of work.
- Learning and Development Programs: We are committed to developing our talent and helping team members understand what training fits their current role. Team members in staff and senior roles find appropriate learning opportunities in the Emerging Professionals Academy through technical and non-technical training. Team members promoted into manager and senior manager roles will access content and programs in the Management Academy, which includes Valued Business Advisor (VBA) Manager, Senior Manager and Director Development and offerings of our service line conferences for managers and above. Team members destined for partner or leadership roles (or designated with the potential to do so) will find programs in our Leadership Academy. This includes EDGE for Senior Managers, Developing Leaders for partners, and GROW Advocacy for high potential women in senior manager level roles.
- Dress for Your Day: Baker Tilly is proud to be one of the first professional services firms to adopt this policy firmwide. We trust our team members to make the right decision on how to present themselves for work. Our belief is: If you’re not in a client meeting, jeans are absolutely appropriate. We started this in 2016 and our team members LOVE IT!
- Team Outings: These vary by team, but you'll often find teams at local professional sporting events or enjoying dinner at their team leader's residence. These events are a testament to how everyone is encouraged to work and have fun together. We hear time and again that the people are the best part of working at Baker Tilly.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 75% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 24 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 27 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 19 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 10 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|| 27 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
| 19 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (7% use it)
- Telecommute option (3% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (0% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (various food and beverage, massages, shoe shine, concierge service, varies some by office)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||50 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||32 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|$5,000 Adoption benefit||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
|32 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 16 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $250,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| Yes Recycling program|
- CEO oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees
- 4 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
| 1,100 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 2% Job Growth|
| 22 Average applicants per opening|| 26,884 Total job applicants|
| 33% New hires by employee referrals|| 3% Openings filled by current employees|
| 382 Recent graduates hired|