What Employees Say
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
Management is competent at running the business.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
What They Do
We asked Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Baker Tilly is a full-service accounting and advisory firm with specialized professionals who connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight.
About this Company
| Website: www.bakertilly.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, 60601|| US Sites: 32|
| Major Locations: Detroit, Michigan; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Cherry Hill, New Jersey; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Washington DC, District of Columbia; Madison, Wisconsin; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; New York City, New York|| US Employees: 2,653|
| US Revenues: $522 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $522 million|
| Corporate Structure: Partnership|| Founded: 1931|
Perks and Programs
We asked Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- GROW: Baker Tilly’s Growth and Retention of Women (GROW) program has been the foundation of our workplace diversity efforts and remains part of our continuing commitment to cultural initiatives that make Baker Tilly a more dynamic, collaborative, and innovative organization. The multi-faceted GROW events include book clubs, healthy lifestyle networking events, golf lesson outings, Lean In sponsorship, and educational opportunities.
- SOAR: Launched in 2015, Supporting Opportunity, Advancement, and Recognition for all (SOAR) encourages and supports the evolution of a diverse, inclusive workforce with opportunity for all team members to maximize their potential, create value, and deliver on our promise of Exceptional Client Service with focuses on race and ethnicity and LGBT groups. Some activities include national and local partnerships with diverse organizations, educational opportunities to promote diversity, cultural awareness events and pot lucks, and much more.
- Stewardship Day: This is an annual event where the entire firm comes together on one day to spend time in our communities doing volunteer activities organized at every location. This was the second year of our Stewardship Day and it's quickly becoming the most anticipated day of the year.
- End of Season and Holiday Celebrations: Picture the end of a busy season and everyone getting together to celebrate the hard work and many successes of the teams. Each office will bring their own flavor to these celebrations, but they include dinner and drinks with entertainment. These are always fun events that the team looks forward to.
- Spot Bonus Program: These are monetary performance bonuses given "on the spot" for outstanding achievement. , Team members can be rewarded with $500-$5000 to say thanks for an exceptional job.
- True Blue Recognition: True Blue is a program that recognizes performance that may not be spot bonus worthy, but still provides an example of excellence. These awards range from $50-$250 and are given in the form of a e-card with a gift card selection. Many people will print the cards and post them on their boards to show pride in the recognition.
- Flexibility: Our firm embraces flexibility and through strong communication efforts and recognizing flexibility as a top ten contributor to our career value proposition, we have been able to establish a culture that promotes individual needs. Performance is key, not where or when the job is done.
- Learning and Development Programs: We are committed to developing our talent and helping employees understand what training fits their current role. Those in staff and senior roles will find learning that is most appropriate in the Emerging Professionals Academy – both technical and non-technical training. Those promoted into manager and senior manager roles will access content and programs in the Management Academy. This includes VBA Manager, Senior Manager and Director Development and offerings of our service line conferences for managers and above. Those destined for partner or leadership roles (or with the potential) will find programs in our Leadership Academy. This includes EDGE for Senior Managers, Developing Leaders for partners, and GROW Advocacy for high potential women in Sr. Manager level roles.
- Dress for Your Day: Baker Tilly prides itself in being one of the first professional services firms to adopt this policy firm-wide. We trust our employees to make the right decision on how to present themselves for work and if your not in a client meeting, jeans are absolutely appropriate. We just started this early in 2016 and our teams LOVE IT!
- Team Outings: These vary by team, but you'll often find teams at local professional sporting events or being hosted to a dinner at their team leader's house. Again, these events are a testament to how everyone is encouraged to work together and have fun together. We hear time and again that the people are the best part of working at Baker Tilly and these types of events bring it all together.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 75% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 24 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
| $5,250 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 27 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 19 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 10 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|| 19 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (1% use it)
- Telecommute option (1% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (1% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Various food and beverages, massages, shoe shines, varies some by office)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||50 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||32 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|$5,000 Adoption benefit||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
|32 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 16 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $250,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- CEO is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees
- 4 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
| 1,100 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 6% Job Growth|
| 26 Average applicants per opening|| 26,132 Total job applicants|
| 32% New hires by employee referrals|| 5% Openings filled by current employees|
| 579 Recent graduates hired|| 15% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|