Austin & Williams is a full-service advertising agency that specializes in higher education, financial services and healthcare marketing. We believe in creating "ideas that inspire action," and we hold ourselves fully accountable for our clients' success.
How to Get Hired
We asked Austin & Williams for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Here's what we look for when meeting a prospective A&W employee:
1. They have hunger in their belly.
2. They've done their research about the agency.
3. They are confident and outgoing; they're someone you'd want to have around.
4. They are smart, articulate and curious.
5. They seem passionate about what they do.
6. They demonstrate a keen knowledge and evidence of their skill set.
7. They're a team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
8. They like dogs and ideally, have one.
9. They have an interest in helping to shape the agency's future growth and development.
10. They follow through with a thank you letter that shows creativity, enthusiasm and is relevant to the interview conversation.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees get our attention when they:
1. Do something to stand out from the pack that is relevant and meaningful to our culture or agency.
2. Ask smart questions that enable them to draw a vivid image of what it would be like to work here.
3. Proactively tell us why they believe they will be a good fit with A&W.
4. Relate past professional successes with their knowledge of our goals and lines of business.
5. Don't overtalk. Do listen. Answer questions directly.
7. Show passion, enthusiasm and initiative.
8. Have a sense of humor.
9. Offer a unique or fresh perspective that would add value to our team.
10. Surprise and delight us.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are focused on filling two key positions in the coming year:
1. A digital analyst who is able to pull and synthesize metrics into an insightful report on our clients' digital marketing performance. This candidate would need to be well-versed in Google Analytics and work within a business intelligence and data visualization platform to organize the data, but would also need to add value by drawing conclusions and implications from the data and structuring it in a creative and engaging summary.
2. An account director who can complement our senior team by thinking strategically, operating autonomously and contributing to our P&L. They would manage six to eight accounts with a supporting staff and report to our account leadership team, responsible for leading the businesses on which they work and leading the agency team to deliver on their objectives and exceed their expectations.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates should look on our website to find out more about us and send a compelling letter with their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.