What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
What They Do
We asked Audi of America, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Audi of America, Inc. offers a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. Backed by a history of progressive design, high-build quality, technological leadership and dynamic vehicles, Audi is among the most successful global luxury automotive brands.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.audiusa.com/|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: Herndon, Virginia, 20171|| US Sites: 12|
| Major Locations: Auburn Hills, Michigan; Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey; Alpharetta, Georgia; Rosemont, Illinois; Woodland Hills, California; Golden, Colorado; Allendale, New Jersey; Maricopa, Arizona; Los Angeles, California; Los Angeles, California|| US Employees: 366|
| US Revenues: $11,225.6 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1978|
Perks and Programs
We asked Audi of America, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Product Experiences: Employees have the opportunity to experience our vehicles first-hand by participating in drive events throughout the year. These events range from our new car launches where employees sit in the vehicles and learn about new features from brand ambassadors to more in-depth product experiences that include closed-course drives with some of our more popular models including the R8 and TT RS. Employees are also eligible to lease brand vehicles at a discount. The discounted lease price includes title, registration, taxes, maintenance, and automobile insurance.
- Pop-Up Events: We host many employee events throughout the year including celebrations for product launches, sales events, holidays, and birthdays. These events are accompanied by either catered food or food trucks. In our Herndon headquarters location, we partner with a local café to host an onsite 2-hour barista service twice a month in the spirit of the “Cars and Coffee” culture in the US. As an extension of our barista service, Audi’s president conducts a quarterly Colleagues and Coffee event to discuss and address questions or issues on the minds of employees. Also, we partner with a local organic producer to have fresh fruit, granola and yogurt delivered twice a week so our employees can enjoy healthy, complimentary snacks during the work day.
- AudiPro: In 2016, we launched an innovation platform called AudiPro that allows employees to share their innovative ideas for ways to improve our business. To date, over 90 submissions have been made. The platform has been expanded to bring together cross-functional teams to solve key business challenges. This expanded platform, AudiPro lab, uses the concept of design thinking and encourages collaboration and virtual networking across the organization. Using collaborative technology, participants of AudiPro lab will work together over the course of a 12-week period to develop solutions to business challenges, and then present their solutions to company executives.
- What’s Your Summit: We look for ways to support our employees in everything they’re passionate about. In 2016 we introduced the What’s Your Summit program, which helps individuals or teams who want to give back to the community by supporting their passion and effort with company funding for a specific cause or organization. This program has empowered several remarkable Audi of America employees to reach their personal summits by awarding them each $10,000 to make a difference in the world. Past participants have benefited programs such as Bar None, Kids of Kathmandu, Gwyneth’s Gift Foundation, Rotary Club of San Antonio, Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana, STEM for Her, Pathways for Exceptional Children, and the Atlanta Ronald McDonald House. To date, AoA has donated over $60,000 through the What’s Your Summit program.
- Professional Audi Ladies: Launched in 2014, the Professional Audi Ladies (PALs) employee resource group was created to inspire women in the AoA workforce to share innovative ideas, promote fellowship and friendship among the members, foster professional development in the form of mentoring and workshops, host guest speakers, provide continuous education, engage leadership, and build the company’s reputation through active community service involvement.
- Partnership Perks: Through our partnerships with organizations such as the San Francisco Giants, the Aspen Ski Company, FIS, AFI, MLS, Marvel, and Silvercar we are able to make available a variety of perks to our employees. These perks include tickets for employees and their families to attend events such as the Quattro Cup, Ski competitions, AFI Fest, Motorsport experiences, NY Yankee games, Major League Soccer Games, private early screenings to Marvel films such as Captain America: Civil War and Spiderman: Homecoming, and a 20% discount on Audi vehicle rentals through Silvercar. In addition, we offer a Friends and Family discount on Volkswagen and Audi vehicles.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 29 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 19 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Sick Paid time off|| 29 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness
- Onsite Amenities (fitness center, massages, lactation room, granola, fresh organic fruit, yogurt, bimonthly full gourmet barista service, kitchenettes with keurigs, pods, and tea, cafeteria, Forum with Audi vehicles and premium coffee machines, TVs that display soccer games and programming, covered parking)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $100,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|| Yes Recycling program|
| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
How to Get Hired
We asked Audi of America, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Prospective employees should have a passion for the Audi brand, as well as the desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Collaboration and communication skills are very important. Our employees work cross-functionally on projects and many times will need to interact with colleagues overseas in Europe. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are also highly regarded within the organization. High performing employees are adept at using analytical skills to turn complicated data into palatable insights for a wider audience and staying on top of the ever changing landscape and deadlines by mastering problem solving to be one step ahead. Employees are encouraged to develop and implement new and innovative ideas. A prospective employee must be willing to challenge the status quo with fact/research backed ideas to drive progress. Internal drive and commitment to excellence are pre-requisites for success at Audi.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We receive a number of highly qualified applicants for our roles, often hundreds of applications. Always make sure to tailor your resume to the specific position you are applying for and any other application materials. Showing enthusiasm for our brand, products and industry in your cover letter also helps. Proactively making connections via LinkedIn or industry networking is another way to get noticed. We value internal referrals and have a program to compensate employees for successful hires.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are routinely hiring for Area Sales Managers and Area After Sales Managers throughout the organization. These individuals work remotely in different areas of the country and work directly with our dealer network to encourage growth and sales. We also hire for Marketing and Communications professionals to work in our Headquarters in Herndon, VA. Sales and Operations is another corporate group in Herndon, VA that routinely hires for Analysts at various levels.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our career site at https://www.audiusa.com/about/careers. From there you can search our open jobs, apply to positions and set up a job search agent to get notified once a new position fitting the criteria you entered is posted to the careers website. Your resume will be reviewed by the Talent Acquisition team and a representative may reach out to you directly for additional information. Candidates will be notified as to whether they are selected to interview. Please be aware that the review and selection process may take 4-6 weeks. Candidates can also visit and follow us on LinkedIn and GlassDoor for additional insight into what it is like working at Audi of America. You can follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest Audi news and updates.
Follow Audi of America, Inc.