What Employees Say
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
Management recognizes honest mistakes as part of doing business.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
What They Do
We asked Atlantic Casualty Insurance Company to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Our current product lines include Commercial General Liability, Commercial Package, Garage, Inland Marine, Commercial Property, Boiler and Machinery and Commercial Auto. In January of 2016, Atlantic Casualty and SIG were acquired and became part of the Auto-Owners Insurance Group.
About this Company
| Website: www.atlanticcasualty.net|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Goldsboro, North Carolina, 27534|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Scottsdale, Arizona, 85253; Hartford, Connecticut, 06033|| US Employees: 101|
| US Revenues: $71.6 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $71.6 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1969|
Perks and Programs
We asked Atlantic Casualty Insurance Company to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Physical and Community Wellness Program: ACIC provides a physical and community wellness program in which employees are able to earn points each month for working out and performing community service- and cash those points in for Paid Time Off or cash rewards. 78% of the employees participate. United Way and Relay for Life have been ongoing recipients of both contributions and community service hours. We have a quarterly Hall of Fame winner for those who give back to the community, are on the forefront of innovation or engaged in physical activities. Recent winners have accomplished great feats both personally and professionally from finishing Ironman Triathlons to completing their CPCU designation. The winner gets $2,000 towards a vacation of their choosing.
- Employee Engagement: ACIC encourages employee participation in events such as “events such as Halloween dress-up, Ugly Sweater contest, Soup-Er Bowl Friday, chili cook-off, Valentine’s Gift Basket give-away and a Pi Day celebration, to name a few. Additionally, employees can partake of lunch-and-learns on topics such as self-defense, meditation, and financial well-being. Employees are provided bonus points for participation in wellness programs. We pay and encourage personal development through materials and exams through the Insurance Institute and Scrum Alliance as well as tuition reimbursement. We have had a Corporate Chaplain for over 15 years to provide personal and family support. Additionally, we offer shadow days for local students to learn more about opportunities in the insurance industry. We support our local Chamber of Commerce Leadership Wayne chapter and have had ten graduates from the program and various employees who go on to serve as Regents for the program.
- Field Week: ACIC plans and implements an annual Field Days week, where participants from each department intermingle and engage in team building activities. Boosts morale and camaraderie! Winners receive variety of prizes such as Paid Time Off or bonus points in our wellness program. Video from last year. https://vimeo.com/182391677 and the video from 2016: https://vimeo.com/182412671
- Celebrations: In celebration of families, ACIC hosts a family day for its employees and their friends/family. We have offered this celebration on-site with inflatables, catering, face painting, a dunk tank, etc. and most recently we took a company trip to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. We celebrate top grossing premium months with ice cream socials and our officers prepare a bbq for employees once a year.
- Community and Employee Support: In order to encourage community needs awareness and support, ACIC hosts a “Dress-Down Week” each month wherein employees pay to wear jeans for the week. Each month, a different local need is addressed with the funds raised. Examples of recipients include III Century Singers, the local DAV, or a co-worker battling cancer. We have a Christmas Club for employees to withhold funds from each paycheck to be withdrawn at years end. We support area churches, fire and emergency services, schools and various needy families in the area.
- Flex Time: ACIC encourages employees to manage their own time, by flexing. We are not required to take PTO for things like doctor’s appointments, family emergencies, etc. We are allowed to make up our time and the company is very understanding of that. Many employees are offered the option to work from home one day a week depending on the position.
- Fund Raising: We also have several folks who support the Boys and Girls Club and deliver meals on wheels. We raised over $32,500 in 2016 for charities, co-workers and families through dress-down weeks, bake sales, PTO raffles and our annual Relay for Life Golf Tournament to name a few.
- Celebrations: Birthdays and holidays are celebrated on a company wide or departmental basis depending on each individuals desire. Support Services Department might have a breakfast celebration and the Accounting department might have a lunch out. There is freedom to celebrate as each department and location desires. The annual Christmas party with spouses and off-site employees ensures that all employees feel included. Additionally, a quarterly appreciation luncheon celebrates each employees years of service to the company.
- Fitness: Through the wellness program, employees are encouraged to engage in physical fitness. The Goldsboro site has a walking trail to encourage employees to walk on their breaks or during lunch. Furthermore, free fitness facility membership passes are available for sign out to all employees as well as numerous workout dvds available to check out (i.e. P90X, Beach Body, etc. )
- Family Centered: Family is highly valued at ACIC. Whether it’s the flexibility to care for sick children, promoting school fundraisers, the annual Family Day or onsite Easter Egg hunts (complete with the Easter Bunny), employees can feel confident that they will never be asked to choose between family and career.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|90% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| $1,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 28 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (90% use it)
- Telecommute option (40% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (80% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Cafeteria for breakfast and lunch, chair massages once a month, lunch and learns, car detailing, fitness dvds to check out, free pass to fitness centers, package and mailing service, standing desks, discount theater tickets, and free coffee and ice tea.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||30 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $52,500 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $20,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
| Yes Recycling program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Atlantic Casualty Insurance Company for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for people who are focused on innovation, collaboration and fun.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Be able to show us how they made a contribution at a previous position.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Go to our website. www.stricklandinsgroup.com or www.atlanticcasualty.net
| 15 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 79 Average applicants per opening|
| 2,362 Total job applicants|| 25% New hires by employee referrals|
| 50% Openings filled by current employees|| 8 Recent graduates hired|
| 4% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|