What Employees Say
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
What They Do
We asked Atlantic Casualty Insurance Company to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Our current product lines include Commercial General Liability, Commercial Package, Inland Marine, Commercial Property, Boiler and Machinery and Commercial Auto. In January of 2016, Atlantic Casualty and SIG were acquired and became part of the Auto-Owners Insurance Group.
About this Company
| Website: www.atlanticcasualty.net|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Goldsboro, North Carolina|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Scottsdale, Arizona; Hartford, Connecticut|| US Employees: 93|
| US Revenues: $78 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1969|
Perks and Programs
We asked Atlantic Casualty Insurance Company to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Physical and Community Wellness Program: ACIC provides a physical and community wellness program in which employees are able to earn points each month for working out and performing community service- and cash those points in for Paid Time Off or cash rewards. 78% of the employees participate. United Way and Relay for Life have been ongoing recipients of both contributions and community service hours.
- Employee Engagement: ACIC encourages employee participation in events such as Halloween decorations/dress-up, Ugly Holiday Sweaters; Soup-Er Bowl Friday; Chili Cook-Off; Pi Day Competition; lunch and learns on topics like self defense and meditation and others, by providing bonus points in wellness program for participation.
- Field Week: ACIC plans and implements an annual Field Days week, where participants from each department intermingle and engage in team building activities. Boosts morale and camaraderie! Winners receive variety of prizes such as Paid Time Off or bonus points in our wellness program. Video from last year. https://vimeo.com/182391677 and the video from 2016: https://vimeo.com/182412671
- Family Day: In celebration of families, ACIC hosts a family day for its employees and their friends/family. We have offered this celebration on-site with inflatables, catering, face painting, a dunk tank, etc. and most recently we took a company trip to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.
- Community and Employee Support: In order to encourage community needs awareness and support, ACIC hosts a “Dress-Down Week” each month wherein employees pay to wear jeans for the week. Each month a different need is addressed with the funds raised. Each month, a different local need if addressed with the funds raised. Examples of recipients include III Century Singers, the local DAV, or a co-worker battling cancer.
- Flex Time: ACIC encourages employees to manage their own time, by flexing. We are not required to take PTO for things like doctor’s appointments, family emergencies, etc. We are allowed to make up our time and the company is very understanding of that.
- Cafeteria: ACIC offers a cafeteria for its employees. Offerings include a full breakfast menu as well as daily lunch specials and a salad bar. Additionally, ice, coffee, bottled water and snacks are available throughout the day for employees.”
- Family Centered: Family is highly valued at ACIC. Whether it’s the flexibility to care for sick children, promoting school fundraisers, the annual Family Day or onsite Easter Egg hunts (complete with the Easter Bunny), employees can feel confident that they will never be asked to choose between family and career.
- Celebrations: Birthdays and holidays are celebrated on a company wide or departmental basis depending on each individuals desire. Support Services Department might have a breakfast celebration and the Accounting department might have a lunch out. The freedom is to celebrate as each department desires. The annual Christmas party with spouses and off-site employees ensures that all employees feel included. Additionally, a quarterly appreciation luncheon celebrates each employees years of service to the company.
- Fitness: Through the wellness program, employees are encouraged to engage in physical fitness. The Goldsboro site has a walking trail to encourage employees to walk on their breaks or during lunch. Furthermore, free fitness facility membership passes are available for sign out to all employees as well as numerous workout dvds available to check (i.e. P90X, Beach Body, etc. )
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 5% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 5% of an employee's salary||90% Company-paid health coverage for employees (60)|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (40)|
- Long-term care insurance to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free beverages during the day
- On-site package/mailing service
- Discount ticket sales
- Subsidized lunch on a regular, daily basis
- Massage therapy
- Car wash
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 22 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (90% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (10% use it)
- Telecommute option (30% use it)
- Phased retirement planning (5% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave||30 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Prostate cancer screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Subsidized offsite gym memberships
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $50,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $30,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Atlantic Casualty Insurance Company for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for people who are focused on innovation, collaboration and fun.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Be able to show us how they made a contribution at a previous position.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Business Analysts and Developers.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Go to our website. www.stricklandinsgroup.com or www.atlanticcasualty.net
| 10 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 20 Positions filled in past year|
| 25% New hires by employee referrals|| 10 New positions created|
| 6 Jobs filled by current employees|| Yes Recruits on college campuses|
| 4 New graduates hired|| 6% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|